how long does it take

Old Nov 3rd 2002, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long does it take

how long does it take to get a copy of a tax return, my father in law had a house fire and lost his tax returns, how long does it take for replacement ones, thanks

dee
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone also let me know what tax returns/W2-s are necessary for the affidavit of support for a K1 fiance visa? I looked on the IRS website, but it didn't mention visas and how many years transcripts we'd need. Thanx.
Kate. xxxxxx
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long does it take

Originally posted by mrsstrickland
how long does it take to get a copy of a tax return, my father in law had a house fire and lost his tax returns, how long does it take for replacement ones, thanks

dee
Hi:

If he goes IN PERSON to your friendly local IRS office, AND if there is no line -- about 10 minutes for an extract. If he needs W-2 forms, that may take longer -- go to the employer.

BTW, does he use an accountant? Mine has copies going back 12 years!
Old Nov 3rd 2002, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long does it take

Originally posted by mrsstrickland

dee
If you call them it takes about 5 days to get them by mail. They are free for a itemized printout style form and there is a charge if you want exact duplicates from them.

My house was robbed last July and I had done the last two years taxes on Turbotax and just saved the file to the computer. My computer was stolen in the robbery so hence I have learned not to do that anymore! I called and got the itemized reports from the IRS, I hope this is good enough for the INS. I do have copies of the W-2 to put with them.

Are the itemized copies sufficient?