Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Query on online application??

Query on online application??

Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

davanian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query on online application??

Looking for help, please. Completed the online settlement application and now have to post it off. On the first page of the application there is an outline for the photo. What I'm wondering, am I supposed to paste the photo on or will it be done at the biometric appointment. Thanks in advance.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Red-Sea-Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Query on online application??

It's done at the biometric appointment

Good luck with the application.

Old May 2nd 2012, 8:19 am
Just Joined

davanian is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks RED-sea. Attended today and in OZ you need to take a recent (within 6 months) photo and they will append it.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nicerebecca.hartstrom is just really nice

Originally Posted by davanian
Thanks RED-sea. Attended today and in OZ you need to take a recent (within 6 months) photo and they will append it.
Yes this is true. Recent photo is needed (of course).
Old May 5th 2012, 1:51 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blogs
It's done at the biometric appointment.<<dodgy url removed from quote>>
Err, do you know what you are doing, or are you deliberately posting nonsense? All your posts so far seem to be a sentence plucked from someone else's post.

If you aren't sure how to reply to a post, maybe contact one of the moderators for help.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 18th 2012 at 3:10 am. Reason: dodgy url removed from quote
Old May 5th 2012, 4:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Err, do you know what you are doing, or are you deliberately posting nonsense? All your posts so far seem to be a sentence plucked from someone else's post.

If you aren't sure how to reply to a post, maybe contact one of the moderators for help.
Its a stealth spammer, look at the quote you made when you replied. He's gone :-)
Old May 5th 2012, 4:48 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a stealth spammer, look at the quote you made when you replied. He's gone :-)
Don't want to go off-topic, but what is the purpose of stealth-spamming? Just to annoy people? Seems a bit pointless.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Don't want to go off-topic, but what is the purpose of stealth-spamming? Just to annoy people? Seems a bit pointless.
Getting as many URL's for a site as possible in the internet domain ... hidden or visible
Old May 7th 2012, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

sunandmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello new member here so not sure if i am posting in right section etc i am a british citizen hoping to move back to the uk with my non uk husband i have a querie regarding sponsorship undertaking document from the home office uk border agency, if we have a sponsor in uk who has written a letter saying they agree to accomodate us and will offer any help should the need arise etc and have included their mortgate statement as proof of ownership, a utility bill and council tax statement, is this sufficient alone or will they still need to complete the sponsorship undertaking form SU0701? also do i need to complete one also as they say as im his legal wife and the uk citizen I am the sponsor although I do not live in the uk I have lived with my husband of 5 years outside the uk. dont want to write too much as im not sure if this is the right section to pose such a question..will be grateful for any help on the question or indeed if someone can tell me the correct procedure/place to post thankyou in adavance.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:01 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Sunandmoon:

You have to support your husband ie be the sponsor but at the moment you can have support from someone else - third party support you may find the following link of help:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...dance/ecg/maa/

Not sure how old you are ie if over 60 if not you can ask for your application to be considered for the endorsement Spouse KOL Req as you have been married for more than 4 years
Old May 7th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sunandmoon and welcome to BE

I am in exactly the same position as you (I'm the British citizen, DH recently applied for a settlement visa) and was so thankful when I found this forum! Everyone has been very helpful, despite the fact they have probably answered the same questions many times over

I'm not clear on something from your post; are you sponsoring your husband, or is your friend who is providing your accommodation sponsoring him? I don't know this for sure, but would think it would be much easier if the sponsor were you...based on the circumstances you described, you can apply under the '4+ years outside the UK'. Take a look here, specifically paragraph 281(b)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...ivil_partners/

However, the UK government is planning on scrapping this in an immigration clampdown So if if this rule applies in your case, I would suggest you apply asap!

I found this thread particulary helpful and suggest you take a look

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732223

Good luck!

Old May 7th 2012, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Thank you pennylessinindia.yes found out we can have 3rd party support and he has written a letter stating all the above and including documents etc. so are you saying that will be sufficient as he is seen as 3rd party and will not need to send in the SU0701 (sponsorship undertaking form)?
and that it will be myself that will have to print of the SUO701 document as i will be seen as husbands sponsor? if it isjust me i will do it as soon as possible thankyou for your quick reply to the above..been on laptop about 6 hours already today trying to fill in any blanks thankyou.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou red sea angel..well im not too sure either re who is the sponsor !! as all the uk border agency application forms etc say I am his sponsor as his wife and uk citizen etc even though i have lived here 5 years. the reason my closest friend in uk wrote the letter offering accomodation help etc is that i do not nor have ever owned a home in u.k used to rent before i came here to live we are free to live at my friends house as long as we want or need to...until hopefully we will most likely rent somewhere ourselves etc my friends house meets the accomodation levels required etc so thats why he wrote the supporting letter..so I take it he is not the sponsor..I am..even though i do not personally have any accomodation in the uk. how are you doing with your visa application...nightmare isnt it ?
Old May 7th 2012, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

oh yes forgot to say pennylessinindia nooo im a long way off of 60..but trawling through all this paperwork..hours and hours on internet etc...im begining to feel it..in fact more like a 160 !! at the moment, heres hoping it will be worth it in the end.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunandmoon
Thankyou red sea angel..well im not too sure either re who is the sponsor !! as all the uk border agency application forms etc say I am his sponsor as his wife and uk citizen etc even though i have lived here 5 years. the reason my closest friend in uk wrote the letter offering accomodation help etc is that i do not nor have ever owned a home in u.k used to rent before i came here to live we are free to live at my friends house as long as we want or need to...until hopefully we will most likely rent somewhere ourselves etc my friends house meets the accomodation levels required etc so thats why he wrote the supporting letter..so I take it he is not the sponsor..I am..even though i do not personally have any accomodation in the uk. how are you doing with your visa application...nightmare isnt it ?

Yes, the application process was a nightmare! It occupied my every spare waking (and often dreaming) moment until we submitted it a few weeks ago. Applications for settlement visa's take around 3 months to process here, so now we have the long wait to see if it was successful

Regarding the sponsorship...I sponsored my husband and we have lived together outside of the UK for over 6 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.