Proof of Income

Old May 27th 2018, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

RainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of Income

My USC husband's salary in the UK does not meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of our size. His most recent tax returns all reflect this low income. Since January, when he returned to the US, his income meets the poverty guideline several times over. I have a letter from his employer outlining his salary, as well as a few pay stubs. Do you guys think this will be sufficient evidence for my interview, or should I go ahead and list our assets as well?
Old May 27th 2018, 3:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Income

Your husband's past income in the UK has absolutely no bearing on the acceptability of the I-864. While it will be reflected in his inclusion of the past US tax returns, the income he is earning in the US at present is the income that will allow him to become your financial sponsor on the I-864.

He should include a letter from his employer stating his position, whether it is full or part time, his annual compensation. Also include 3 or 4 of the last paystubs as well as copies of his bank statements, savings, checking and investment.

As he has been working about 5 months it should be sufficient but if it makes you and him feel easier, list your assets. It certainly cannot hurt.
Old May 27th 2018, 3:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what Rete said.

Rene
Old May 27th 2018, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

RainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDays has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rete and Rene. That's very reassuring. I'll list my assets if only to make me feel better!