Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Green Card Application - Request for Initial Evidence Received!

Green Card Application - Request for Initial Evidence Received!

Old May 27th 2018, 1:45 am
Just Joined

TheGamingX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card Application - Request for Initial Evidence Received!

Hi all,

So I sent off my application roughly 21 days ago.

In the week following I received my receipts.

Then last week I received my Biometrics appointment.

Today however I have received a Request for Initial Evidence. I made a stupid mistake. I included I130 but forgot to include the I130A. This is the singular item the document requests the I130A. My question is, should i include all the supporting documentation I included with the I130 or would they have requested this additionally if it was necessary and just send them the cover letter alongside the completed I130A?

Thanks so much! This forum is a huge help always.
Old May 27th 2018, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Application - Request for Initial Evidence Received!

Simply include all of the documents required within the I-130, that are needed for the supplemental i-130A - this is outlined here: here

If you wish to include a copy of the remaining supporting documents it won't hurt your cause but will be unneccessary, just include everything requested in the RFIE

Also; I have heard that an RFIE as opposed to an RFE can reset your clock in terms of time passed since it being received, I could be wrong, but just throwing that out there as an FYI, I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 27th 2018, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.

The exact wording is

- Submit a completed and signed I-130A, Supplemental information for Spousal Beneficiary, from the spouse beneficiary.

Thats it, nothing else.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here though sorry with Simply include all of the documents required within the I-130, that are needed for the supplemental i-130A - this is outlined here. I couldn't find anything where are you directing me to exactly, sorry for troubling you again.

Last edited by TheGamingX; May 27th 2018 at 2:11 am.
Old May 27th 2018, 2:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, it doesn't mean to include another copy of the I-130 evidence. They have what you previously sent. They want the I-130A which you neglected to include with the spousal I-130. You listed it in your original post back in March in the list of documents that were required to be filed. They will match up the supplement with the original mailing. Of course, unfortunately, this will cause a delay in obtaining further processing of the applications, including those for advance parole (I-131) and employment authorization (I-765).

Last edited by Rete; May 27th 2018 at 2:38 am.
Old May 27th 2018, 2:37 am
Just Joined

I have no idea how it happened, left it out of my content in error which means I left it out entirely.

Thanks for the responses I will just send in the form itself signed.
Old May 27th 2018, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Yeah I have no idea how the error occurred on my part. between posting on here and typing out the content I missed it which caused the build error.

I have my biometrics appointment this coming Tuesday however. I packaged everything in individual files however so not sure if they have continued others going. I'm getting this posted Tuesday for next day delivery but I'm guessing that means the 90 day clock starts again.
Old May 28th 2018, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such thing as the 90 day clock anymore.

USCIS are under no obligation to complete an application in that timeframe anymore, simply because they can't. I believe someone posted a link to the bulletin where USCIS noted that they changed it.