Is this a problem?

Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Theophilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this a problem?

Hi everyone. In advance, thank you for your help!

Applying for K-1. My fiance is from the UK, I am USA.

Vermont received I-129f package and sent out 1st NOA July 23rd. Processing time for 2nd NOA is 5 m 23rd. I still have not heard anything. Should I be worried by this?

Also, I did not make a copy of the entire I-129f package before sending it in, the site I am using, http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide, instructs me to send a copy of this package to my fiance. Thoughts and suggestions?

Thank you all once again!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a problem?

Originally Posted by Theophilus
Vermont received I-129f package and sent out 1st NOA July 23rd. Processing time for 2nd NOA is 5 m 23rd. I still have not heard anything. Should I be worried by this?
Probably not yet. The 5-month mark was December 23. Holidays were after that, so things probably slowed down. I'd give it another few weeks.

Also, I did not make a copy of the entire I-129f package before sending it in, the site I am using, http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide, instructs me to send a copy of this package to my fiance. Thoughts and suggestions?
It's always a good idea to keep an exact copy of everything you send out regarding immigration, so from now on, do that (both of you).

Your fiance should take copies to the interview of anything you sent an original of in the I-129F package, so just send him a copy of those items.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 10th 2011 at 3:29 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Nooorah,

I sent the package in. Will I get the package in its entirety back to make copies of? Otherwise, I do not have copies of everything which was sent in. Thank you!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Nooorah,

I sent the package in. Will I get the package in its entirety back to make copies of? Otherwise, I do not have copies of everything which was sent in. Thank you!
No, you will not get anything from the I-129F package sent back to you.

She will just need items like a copy of your previous termination of marriage (if applicable), a copy of whatever proof you sent in of meeting in person, a copy of whatever you used to prove you are a USC, that sort of thing. I'm sure they are things you can make another photocopy of and send to her.

Would be good if she had a photocopy of the I-129F and the G-325A originals that you sent in, but it's unlikely the officer will ask for those, and since you didn't keep a copy....oh well.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Rene,

I want to begin the I-134 Affidavit of support information but am a bit concerned because I am recently graduated and seeking employment. I have a means to get a good job, but obviously need to be hired. I do have co-sponsors, but me not having a job impact the decision?

Jonathan
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:48 pm

Rene,

I want to begin the I-134 Affidavit of support information but am a bit concerned because I am recently graduated and seeking employment. I have a means to get a good job, but obviously need to be hired. I do have co-sponsors, but me not having a job impact the decision?

Jonathan
At this point, you not having a job is not really a problem, as long as you can find someone who earns enough income (or has enough in assets) to do an I-134, or if she has enough in savings herself. There is no "co-sponsor" for the I-134. It's either she has enough in savings not to need a sponsor, or you have the means to be a sponsor, or you find someone else to be a sponsor.

This "Read Me" thread at the top of this main page should help you: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675309

The I-864 works differently.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 12th 2011 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for clarifying Rene. The I-134 is easily taken care of in that case. Will my fiancee still have to fill out a I-864 then, despite not working over the last 2 years?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Will my fiancee still have to fill out a I-864 then, despite not working over the last 2 years?
Yes... even if she doesn't qualify financially - in which case she must find a joint sponsor who does... and the joint sponsor also completes an I-864. The joint sponsor must earn enough for his household + you!

Ian
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for clarifying Rene. The I-134 is easily taken care of in that case. Will my fiancee still have to fill out a I-864 then, despite not working over the last 2 years?
You are the USC, yes? You *must* complete an I-864 for your wife (!) for her application for Permanent Residence.
If you do not meet the income minimums, you may enlist a Joint Sponsor who is willing to sign that contract for you both. But, you still are #1 in line for repaying any mt-benefits she claims and gets (which is why you complete one). The I-864 lives for a long time. You should not underestimate this document, and should probably get familiar with it now.
There's some good links in the article in my signature that might be helpful to you (for researching I-864).
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Is this a problem?

Great news! NOA2 came. It feels good to be moving forward again! Of course progress always poses some questions... that is why I love you guys!!!

1. Will I, as USC and petitionier, file any other paperwork directly with the any governmental agency? Or do I send information directly to the beneficiary, which she will then present at the interview?
2. What files do I need to fill out/send? copy of I-129F, copy of G-325A, an I-134{?} (with supporting information?), an I-864 with supporting information, a letter stating my intent to still Marry fiancee, other supporting evidence of past and ongoing relationship.
3. My fiancee will then take this information to the consolute, correct? What else will she need? Will they send her the DS156K? Also, items listed here: http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html
4. Is there anything else that either she or I can be working on right now? She applied for Police certificate last week. We want to obviously expedite the process. We are hoping to be married in April.
5. Lastly, the application was approved on 1/11/11 (neat date), is it important that I call the NVC or U.S. Embassy, and is there anyway to know their current processing times?

As always, thank you!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not. The UK Fiancee does not complete the I-864. The I-864 is the responsibility of the USC and is completed to go with the adjustment of status paperwork, not the I-129F.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! NOA2 came. It feels good to be moving forward again! Of course progress always poses some questions... that is why I love you guys!!!
So pretty much right on schedule! Now the fun begins...

1. Will I, as USC and petitionier, file any other paperwork directly with the any governmental agency? Or do I send information directly to the beneficiary, which she will then present at the interview?
For the K-1 visa, everything now goes to the interview. You need to supply the I-134 and its evidence.

2. What files do I need to fill out/send? copy of I-129F, copy of G-325A, an I-134{?} (with supporting information?), an I-864 with supporting information, a letter stating my intent to still Marry fiancee, other supporting evidence of past and ongoing relationship.
No I-864 to the interview for a K-1.
You will get your chance at that one soon enough, with the Adjustment of Status (AOS) application after marriage.
The rest of your list is fine.

3. My fiancee will then take this information to the consolute, correct? What else will she need? Will they send her the DS156K? Also, items listed here: http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html
4. Is there anything else that either she or I can be working on right now? She applied for Police certificate last week. We want to obviously expedite the process.
To expedite, you should use the wiki entry here to get you to the links that spell out everything she has to take to the interview. These documents "should" be ready now if you want to expedite.
No forms will be sent to her; she needs to get on it with the website as they are going to send her the links (which are in the wiki) and tell her to complete her application and send it in.
5. Lastly, the application was approved on 1/11/11 (neat date), is it important that I call the NVC or U.S. Embassy, and is there anyway to know their current processing times?

As always, thank you!
Your approved petition is going to pass through the NVC without any intervention from you. The next contact will be the Embassy sending the instructions to your UK fiancee. This process, from petition approval, can take about a month. You can read other K-1 experiences for finer detail than that.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you meauxna! Is this the wikilink? http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London.. Or is it something other?

Also, when should we begin getting the packet together for AOS? And do you know AOS cost?

Jonathan
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

And do you know AOS cost?
That info is at www.uscis.gov.

Ian
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:05 pm

Thank you meauxna! Is this the wikilink? http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London.. Or is it something other?

Also, when should we begin getting the packet together for AOS? And do you know AOS cost?

Jonathan
No, that link is for people who are married and both living in the UK and filing for an immigrant (not K) visa.. lol, couldn't be more different really.

The USA Immigration portion of the wiki is linked on the first page of this forum. Look under K and there are 4 K-1 visa entries.

There are several people who are filing AOS from a K-1 visa posting here now.. scan around for their threads. There is an Adjustment of Status wiki entry describing what you need to do to get your wife legal after you are married. There is a LOT to cover.
You should attempt to file the AOS within the 90 days admission of the K-1. After you're married.

I don't know the AOS $$ off the top of my head.. around $1100. I also want you to find it yourself so I know you're at the right place. Sneaky, me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.