Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa: Application Links That Work/Important Evidence of Support Info

K-1 Visa: Application Links That Work/Important Evidence of Support Info

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default K-1 Visa: Application Links That Work/Important Evidence of Support Info

I have captured the information that used to be posted on the US Embassy/London website, concerning the Evidence of Support required at the visa interview.
I haven't formatted it or anything, but anyone may edit the wiki. I just ask that you don't alter the text content if you do any formatting changes to this page.

Hopefully this will help those of you ready to attend your K-1 visa interview.

K1 London Financial Support
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:36 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa: Evidence of Support

DS-2000 seems to be disappearing everywhere.

Find the UK version here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200802270...affidavit.html

Also, the US consulate in Ciudad Juarez has a version (under the previous designation OF-167) here:
http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/...wwfof167k2.pdf

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
I have captured the information that used to be posted on the US Embassy/London website, concerning the Evidence of Support required at the visa interview.
I haven't formatted it or anything, but anyone may edit the wiki. I just ask that you don't alter the text content if you do any formatting changes to this page.

Hopefully this will help those of you ready to attend your K-1 visa interview.

K1 London Financial Support
Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
DS-2000 seems to be disappearing everywhere.

Find the UK version here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200802270...affidavit.html

Also, the US consulate in Ciudad Juarez has a version (under the previous designation OF-167) here:
http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/...wwfof167k2.pdf

Regards, JEff
Thanks, JEff.. have you heard anything about London (or anywhere else) changing/loosening the K requirements? Or is it just sloppy web reorganizing that has left off most all the K-1 detail?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything about changing policy for meeting the K public charge requirements.

I was quite surprised when I started looking at other places where I used to find OF-167 or DS-2000 that it's disappearing everywhere with nothing replacing it. Our buddy Google was no help. I retrieved the UK DS-2000 from the Wayback Machine.

Bad news for K1 people, I think. (Although most of them didn't 'get' the difference between K and IV requirements anyway.)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
Thanks, JEff.. have you heard anything about London (or anywhere else) changing/loosening the K requirements? Or is it just sloppy web reorganizing that has left off most all the K-1 detail?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:47 pm

Until we get the wiki updated, here are the shortcuts to the new pages you need for "packet 3" documents.

Please add relevant page links to this thread for inclusion in the wiki OR be a Good Samaritan and go update the wiki for us!

Applying for the Visa

The approved petition is forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit at this Embassy through the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. On receipt of the approved petition the Immigrant Visa Unit will begin processing the visa application.

http://london.usembassy.gov/kprocessing.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

It is important that you do take action immediately and return the Application for Immigration and Alien Registration, Form DS-230-1, Part 1, Form DS-156 (in duplicate), Form DS-156K, (in duplicate), Form DS-157 (in duplicate) and Notification of Applicant Readiness, Form DS-2001. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Before returning Form IV-15K, to the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to assemble all of the documents required in support of your application. Note: These documents must not be mailed to the Embassy; you will be required to furnish the original of all documents and one copy on the day of the formal visa interview.

All your civil documents and evidence will go with you to the interview.

Further links in the right hand margins; check them all out.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:02 am

The wiki entry has been updated and formatting fiXXored!

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_Lon...ancial_Support

Thank you, meauxna!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa: Application Links That Work/Important Evidence of Support Info

The financial support information is still active on the London website. I think they just left out a link to it when they re-organized the page.
http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:03 pm

Default Re: K-1 Visa: Application Links That Work/Important Evidence of Support Info

Originally Posted by Moxie
The financial support information is still active on the London website. I think they just left out a link to it when they re-organized the page.
http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html
Thank you very much for that, Moxie. Things have been up and down on that site like an express elevator.