Reload this Page >

Police Caution and I-130 Visa

Police Caution and I-130 Visa

Old May 14th 2018, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Carwenoblueboots is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Police Caution and I-130 Visa

Originally Posted by civilservant
Will you be denied? Unlikely. Will you be delayed? Possibly.
Also thank you civilservant for saying this as I was truly worried that it would be denied on the spot. made me feel a little less stressed anyhow!
Old May 15th 2018, 11:31 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Caution and I-130 Visa

Originally Posted by Carwenoblueboots
Thanks everyone for all your help. Ive just applied for the police certificate and created an application for SAR from the police. I'll keep you all updated with any more news.
If you still have any advice or anything related to say, please keep posting!
Unfortunately, you are receiving misinformation here.

The immigration laws distinguish between grounds of inadmissibility and grounds of deportability after admission. Although often similar, they are not identical. But people conflate the grounds. Off the top of my head, I think you are probably fine - but the paperwork should be examined by a knowledgeable person.

Best of luck to you.

​​​​​​
Old May 15th 2018, 11:34 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
​​​​​​
Care to explain how rather than just stating it as a fact and moving on? I still don't see what use you are on this forums with this type of vague post - and it continues to confuse people.
Old May 15th 2018, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

​​​​​​
If you could explain what has been misinformation that would be helpful as everything said above doesnt seem to be!
And thank you for the luck .
Old May 15th 2018, 6:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

If you could explain what has been misinformation that would be helpful as everything said above doesnt seem to be!
And thank you for the luck .
<sigh> Perhaps I am too polite. I really don't like criticizing individuals in this forum. However, I have often noted to myself that, not only does Civilservant spew out misinformation, he does it with certitude that is often breathtaking.

US immigration law can be confusing and intimidating. This is particularly true in what immigration lawyers call "crimination." You ask good questions. A thorough answer would quite exceed the scope of an internet forum posting.

Also, in four decades of practice, I learned not to trust a client's description of their own criminal record. Nothing dishonest, mind you. Usually it would be a misunderstanding. So, I would insist on seeing the paperwork.

As I mentioned, based upon your description, you are probably fine.
Old May 15th 2018, 6:52 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

US immigration law can be confusing and intimidating. This is particularly true in what immigration lawyers call "crimination." You ask good questions. A thorough answer would quite exceed the scope of an internet forum posting.
So once again we fail to provide the information as to WHY what was said is wrong, and do so while insulting all the while.

<sigh> indeed....
Old May 15th 2018, 6:57 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you, I would pay $150 for a phone or Skype consult with a USA immigration lawyer. They will go over your situation with you and be able to advise you as to what you should do.
Old May 15th 2018, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi all again,
Thanks for the replies. S Folinsky I have been 100% truthful as I wanted as much information as I can get as I feel like I keep speaking to multiple agencies about things and getting nowhere. I wouldnt lie, as then I would be lying to myself. So based on your answer to my honest criminal history, I should be okay.
Civilservant, I do appreciate everything you have said so far as it also has made a few more things clear for me.
kateinbrooklyn, I have been looking into doing so as my father-in-law is able to get an immigration lawyer as part of his insurance, so I will probably speak to one in the near future. So thank you very much for the suggestion
Thanks again all and Im sorry this has been a bit of a crazy forum!
Old May 16th 2018, 10:58 pm
BE Commentator

Hi all again,
Thanks for the replies. S Folinsky I have been 100% truthful as I wanted as much information as I can get as I feel like I keep speaking to multiple agencies about things and getting nowhere. I wouldnt lie, as then I would be lying to myself. So based on your answer to my honest criminal history, I should be okay.
Civilservant, I do appreciate everything you have said so far as it also has made a few more things clear for me.
kateinbrooklyn, I have been looking into doing so as my father-in-law is able to get an immigration lawyer as part of his insurance, so I will probably speak to one in the near future. So thank you very much for the suggestion
Thanks again all and Im sorry this has been a bit of a crazy forum!
I want to make clear that in no way did I mean to suggest you were not truthful. It's just that I have learned that honest belief can be mistaken.

In reference to obtaining information from "agencies," I would like to make a general point which may be counterintuitive. Government employees are allowed to make determinations in the context of formal adjudications. If a government employee gives mistaken advice outside of a formal adjudication, it is usually (if ever) not binding on the government. This has been to the Supreme Court many times over the decades in many different contexts (e.g. crop insurance, social security benefits). So, that is why you will not be able to obtain reliable information from the government in advance of a visa application. The employees are advised not to give advice b

As to Civilservant, he is free in the context of an internet forum to provide mistaken or misleading advice. Whether or not one should rely on that advice absent detailed reasons it is in error, is up to you.

Good luck.

Last edited by S Folinsky; May 16th 2018 at 11:01 pm.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Police Caution and I-130 Visa

I want to make clear that in no way did I mean to suggest you were not truthful. It's just that I have learned that honest belief can be mistaken. .
Oh I didnt take it that way at all dont worry! I just wanted to make clear to you
Thanks for the advice on everything, much appreciated.
Carwen.