Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

please reply How many of you met online

please reply How many of you met online

Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:02 pm
Livin' in America

Bigted1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: please reply How many of you met online

Met in an ICQ chatroom, visited a few months later. Had a few trips over, now, shes met my parents here in the UK. The internet is a wonderfull thing, when ya isp isnt buggered up!!!!!

Mark
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by letysjim
my wife and I met on ICQ before we met in person . has any one else met online before you met
We met through a Christian dating web site www.SingleC.com. She emailed me first(!) in Jan 2003, we met a month later, proposed on Christmas Day 2003, spent 2004 on getting VISA, will be married in May 2005.

Minty
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:32 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

met my man on a message board for our favourite rock and roller..

read each others messages for years, then started emailing in 2001.. then IM .. met in person in 2002 and married in 2004
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:15 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: please reply How many of you met online

In Feb 03 I was assigned at work to be the liason between my US office and the printing company in the UK that prints the European version of a magazine we produce. I was smitten by Mark's English terminology in his emails as we corresponded regarding the magazine. Our emails became more and more personal. When we realized we had much in common the daily emails and phone calls at home started. I flew over to meet him June 03, he came here Aug 03 and we married Oct 03. When you meet your soul mate getting married after 10 months and three in-person visits is a non-issue!

So work was our matchmaker. I will be forever grateful to my co-worker who put us in contact!

Jackie and Mark
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

my wife and I met on ICQ before we met in person . has any one else met online before you met
I met my husband on ICQ 3 months before he was coming to the US on a J1 visa for school - he wanted to find people he knew so he wasn't alone when he came here - ours turned out to be more than just friends :-)
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:05 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

I had gotten to know my honey's sister and brother-in-law on Yahoo Chat, just for fun. Then 2 months later they did some match-making and introduced me to Asghar via webcam and voice chat. Soon we were chatting every day and I felt like I was part of his family. We met in person when i got brave enough to fly to Pakistan in Dec 2003 for a month. I returned home, started the visa paperwork, then returned to Pakistan in March 2004 for another month.

Asghar just arrived on a k-1 three weeks ago. We are making wedding plans, preparing for AOS, etc. Everything is going great!

Marnee
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:15 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

We met online on an RPG game in September 2000. We met in person in January 2001 in Calgary. We got engaged in October 2001 in Canada and were married May 2003 in the US.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:46 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Wow, it looks like quite a few of us met online I met my husband on a muslim marriage site in Oct 2001. He proposed to me Dec of the same year. Quick I know, lol. We married March 2002...it wasn't until the day before our wedding that I actually saw him face to face (exchanged pics online previously). He finally arrived in the U.S. Dec 2003.

Na'imah
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough

My husband and I met online August 24, 2001 on ICQ. I first visited him on Oct. 20, 2001. After a few more trips to visit, we married in July 1, 2003. We talked daily (with the exception of 1 week while he was on a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea) from Aug. 24, 2001 until he arrived in the USA on a CR-1 visa March 31, 2004. Can't believe we are closing in on a year of living together! It has been a dream come true and even with all the "visa woes", we would do it all over again

Debbie

Last edited by sdmansour; Jan 10th 2005 at 7:07 pm. Reason: typos
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Brichheve is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, John and I are a mixed bag, heh...

We met through a mutual friend that he had met online through an RPG several years ago. They finally met in person about 5 years ago.

And before our mutual friend introduced us in September, 2003 during one of his trips to the States, she got us each other's e-mail addresses so we could correspond a bit ahead of time so that the actual in-person meeting wouldn't be as awkward.

Then after we met, we kept in contact online extensively between visits, including through an RPG.

So what does all that count as? Ha!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:33 pm

IsaMousy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: please reply How many of you met online

We met online while I was in Chicago for work/vacation on AOL in March 1997. Chatted for over a year and finally met in person for Christmas 1998/1999. Filed for K1 early 1999 and I moved in May 2000. Life couldn't be better.

Isa
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: please reply How many of you met online

my hubby and I were friends for about a year online when we met in yahoo chat, he professed that he would like to try somethng more so we met up in florida while I was on a vacation with my family to see how we got along- I ended up going back to pennsylvania with him after a week of us being together and we were married 4 months later
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:42 am
Sean

"eggysbrain" <member24424@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> my wife and I met on ICQ before we met in person . has any one else
    >> met online before you met

The Mafia bought me and my wife together!..Ok it was a Sopranos chat room
which turned into a lot of pm'ing until we met 6 months later in Amsterdam,
we were both complete nervous wrecks but after a couple of stiff whiskeys we
set about enjoying the best week of our lives walking through the streets in
that blissful way that new lovers do.Three months after that I flew to New
York and we picked up where we left off, she then came over to England and I
suprised her by whisking her off to Paris so that I could propose to her
under the Eiffel tower (fortunately she said yes)
Two years later I've swapped the English countryside for the skyscrapers of
Manhatten, we are still deeply in love and just to add to the fairy tale we
have a child on the way.

Long live the internet!!

S & T

Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future

I met my hubby in a chat room in October 1998. We met in person in July 1999, when I got a summer job Estes Park, Colorado.....accidentally only few miles from Denver where Bill was living. We stayed in touch after I went back home. In 2001 I got a job in Seattle and came to the US for the second time. We started visiting each other...and on February 14, 2003 Bill proposed. We got married in October 2003.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Jack London is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: please reply How many of you met online

Yep, My girl and I met online-and it wasnt in a chat room -we were members of a club with mutual interests -(DOG ) and she saw my posts-poems and pics -she emailed me- I responded- we talked for months then I came over to USA -CA palm desert-to visit-then she came here- then I went back there-etc etc. getting married some time later this year- when all our visas etc are in order-and looking to settle ( PLEASE GOD) in Tucson AZ- ( Great city -been there and checked it out) We are both in our late fifties-its never too late to be happy!!
Any expats there in Tucson AZ ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.