Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

Old May 31st 2015, 7:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

The NOA1 is generated from information on the I-130.

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 7:43 pm
JCV
Just Joined

JCV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The NOA1 is generated from information on the I-130.

Rene
Good to know, thanks! Well we have an infopass apt so i hope they can finally change it, 4th time lucky..
Old May 31st 2015, 7:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would just wait for an RFE, if one is to come. Most likely one won't.

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 7:50 pm
JCV
Just Joined

JCV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I personally would just wait for an RFE, if one is to come. Most likely one won't.

Rene
I actually wondered if getting a RFE would be faster than us going to the infopass apt and changing it. I just managed to find an apt for next week. However maybe the infopass apt wouldn't cause any delays and would simply just fix the error?
Old May 31st 2015, 8:29 pm

Who knows? If it's not a hassle, go to the appointment. Don't be surprised or upset if you still get an RFE. The various parts of USCIS don't always get the message. Either way, it's nothing to be overly concerned about.

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCV
Well we have an infopass apt so i hope they can finally change it, 4th time lucky..
I really wouldn't bother. If it was your paperwork... yes. But it's the USC's paperwork - so it really won't matter. The US has no interest in his birth date... because the only thing they need to know is that he is a USC. His birth date is irrelevant in this case.

If you get an RFE, respond to it. If you don't, the date can be corrected at the interview.

Really, you're trying to make something out of nothing.

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2015, 12:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I really wouldn't bother. If it was your paperwork... yes. But it's the USC's paperwork - so it really won't matter. The US has no interest in his birth date... because the only thing they need to know is that he is a USC. His birth date is irrelevant in this case.

If you get an RFE, respond to it. If you don't, the date can be corrected at the interview.

Really, you're trying to make something out of nothing.

Ian
Age does matter, for a start you have to be old enough to petiton
Old Jun 1st 2015, 1:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Age does matter, for a start you have to be old enough to petiton
Yes, as I wrote, "... in this case."

Ian