Reload this Page >

Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

Old May 31st 2015, 5:45 pm
JCV
Just Joined

JCV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

I posted on visa journey with no response.

Our lawyer filed our i130 & g325a with the petitioners dob as 29 instead of 28. We found out when we received noa1 with the error, informed the lawyer and she mailed the asks with the error and proud of error.

Anyway after that we fired the lawyer obviously. We called a few months after and found we couldn't get info on our apt because the dob is still wrong, the guy not he phone said he would change it.

Anyway now we are supposed to be approved and the DOB is still wrong. we have an infopass apt not for anther few weeks... is this really bad? how much will it delay or deny??

please help me.... we are losing all hope
Old May 31st 2015, 6:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

I posted on visa journey with no response.
First mistake

Anyway...

Presumably a copy of the Birth certificate and/or passport was included in the application? At worst you'll probably receive an RFE, you won't get a denial based on that mistake.
Old May 31st 2015, 6:56 pm
JCV
Just Joined

Haha what do you mean first mistake? Is visajourney not good?! I spent a lot of time on it however the replys were 'how can you forget your birthday' when it clearly states it was the lawyer! People are mean....

Yes the passport and bc were included. Do you think it might not even get a rfe?
Old May 31st 2015, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCV
Haha what do you mean first mistake? Is visajourney not good?! I spent a lot of time on it however the replys were 'how can you forget your birthday' when it clearly states it was the lawyer! People are mean....
Just to warn you. Don't expect it to be any different or more easy going here.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:04 pm
JCV
Just Joined

I misunderstood what you said... I don't expect people to be nicer here, however I don't see why people feel the need to bring other people down.. anyway, just want to see if anyone has any more advice as nobody has seen this error before

Last edited by JCV; May 31st 2015 at 7:09 pm.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCV
we know i130 is the easy part!! and we managed to mess it up.. the lawyer did anyway. What is your opinion on the wrong dob?
He meant you might get similar remarks on this forum as you did on VJ. Just be aware.

My guess is that the DOB will not be an issue, and can be corrected at some point along your immigration journey.

Is this an AOS from marriage to a USC, other family member, or work?

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help.. advice needed

Originally Posted by JCV
we know i130 is the easy part!! and we managed to mess it up.. the lawyer did anyway. What is your opinion on the wrong dob?
Stop worrying. It's a minor detail that can be fixed. Just be patient.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help.. advice needed - wrong DOB

Infopass apt for DOB change (merged thread) - IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures - VisaJourney

I go with NLR.
Old May 31st 2015, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCV
... however the replys were 'how can you forget your birthday' when it clearly states it was the lawyer!
It is always the applicant's responsibility to verify that the paperwork is correct before it is submitted - even if you have a lawyer working for you.

People are mean....
No! People are honest.

Do you think it might not even get a rfe?
No one can say for sure, but if you submitted proof of your DOB, then it's likely that someone will simply correct the mistake and continue processing the paperwork.

Ian
Old May 31st 2015, 7:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, for an Immigrant Visa via USC spouse. Moving thread to marriage-based forum.

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 7:18 pm
JCV
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
He meant you might get similar remarks on this forum as you did on VJ. Just be aware.

My guess is that the DOB will not be an issue, and can be corrected at some point along your immigration journey.

Is this an AOS from marriage to a USC, other family member, or work?

Rene
It is a cr1 from marriage to a USC. Someone told me that it can be corrected in the next stage on the DS-260, however i looked at the form and nowhere does it ask for the petitioners date of birth? Unless they meant some other form?
Old May 31st 2015, 7:20 pm
JCV
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It is always the applicant's responsibility to verify that the paperwork is correct before it is submitted - even if you have a lawyer working for you.

No! People are honest.

No one can say for sure, but if you submitted proof of your DOB, then it's likely that someone will simply correct the mistake and continue processing the paperwork.

Ian
Haha yes i know, we do take responsibility to some extent, she didn;t send my husbands g325 to confirm but did with mine which was odd. I seriously hope that someone will correct it, we have tried to change it three times and it seems impossible
Old May 31st 2015, 7:24 pm

Even if it never gets corrected at any other stage, it can be corrected at the visa interview.

Rene
Old May 31st 2015, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCV
... i looked at the form and nowhere does it ask for the petitioners date of birth?
If the petitioner is a US citizen, then this is totally a non-issue. It won't matter one bit that the USC's DOB is off. Further, if this happened on the G-325A, then it really won't matter at all. The G-325A is a legacy form that should have been dropped from the requirements years ago but, for some reason, never was. It is almost totally useless... and the anxiety it causes is inversely proportional to its actual value.

Ian
Old May 31st 2015, 7:31 pm
JCV
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If the petitioner is a US citizen, then this is totally a non-issue. It won't matter one bit that the USC's DOB is off. Further, if this happened on the G-325A, then it really won't matter at all. The G-325A is a legacy form that should have been dropped from the requirements years ago but, for some reason, never was. It is almost totally useless... and the anxiety it causes is inversely proportional to its actual value.

Ian
He is a US citizen, it was the whole application that has wrong DOB not just the G325, the noa1 had his dob incorrect.

I appreciate everyones opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.