Photos for interview

Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photos for interview

We have our interview tomorrow and I just had a thought..can we us a UK passport photo or do we have to get something special since it is a US visa. (I just remember having to leave the embassy to get a different size photo for my son's US passport.)
thanks
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Photos for interview

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
We have our interview tomorrow and I just had a thought..can we us a UK passport photo or do we have to get something special since it is a US visa. (I just remember having to leave the embassy to get a different size photo for my son's US passport.)
thanks
and any clue on where we can get those dang American sized photos if they are required...thanks
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

and any clue on where we can get those dang American sized photos if they are required...thanks
You're supposed to have the American size. Snappy Snaps branches will do them, as reportedly does Goulds pharmacy near the Embassy. There's also a US-size photo booth in the Embassy although reportedly it's often out of order.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

laety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud oflaety has much to be proud of

we went to snappy snaps and paid £15 for 2 photos! however, there was a photo boot in the embassy and that was only £5
saying that they did not even ask for them!!! so it was £30 wasted.. (well im sure we will use them at some point in the US
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Did you do a search of this forum for the term "photos"? There's been several recent threads where this has been discussed.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

thanks
You will probably not need them.

I dont know where I got into my head we needed extra for interview, but i dont think we do, I certainly wasnt asked for them They used the ones submitted to NVC for the VISA photo, well we were CR1 america filing, so if your DCF you may need them im not 100%

Having said that, I had some done at a kodak photo shop, 4 for 4.99 US sized.

The goulds pharmacy do them also, which is very near the embassy
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse

I dont know where I got into my head we needed extra for interview, but i dont think we do, I certainly wasnt asked for them They used the ones submitted to NVC for the VISA photo, well we were CR1 america filing, so if your DCF you may need them im not 100%

OP will need at least two for the interview if she's "DCF"ing like I was. Albeit, my experience was last October. The instructions say bring three, but they only took 2. I think the third may be the one you bring to the medical.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rpjs
OP will need at least two for the interview if she's "DCF"ing like I was. Albeit, my experience was last October. The instructions say bring three, but they only took 2. I think the third may be the one you bring to the medical.
ahh gotcha I couldn't remmeber whether she was DCF or abroad
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpjs
Yes, I am filing at the London Embassy. Forgot to mention that...
I hope the machine in the embassy is working then. Cause we only have the UK sized photos..
So, I guess I will just find out tomorrow.
thanks for the help
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse

Agree with Faye on this, as we submitted 2 x 2"x2" photos to NVC they did not ask me for any, however, it does not hurt to have them just in case they do ask.....Goulds just around the corner rom the embassy, snappy snaps, seem to be all over london or your local max spielmans, but they do a minimum of 6 at 9.99

OOps, posted too late...oh well for future readers!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Gould Pharmacy
(Steeplegrove Ltd.)
37 North Audley Street
Mayfair
London W1K 6ZL
Telephone:0207 495 6298
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:29 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

We got some extra photos taken at Gould's. They open early in the morning as well. They also store electronics which are not allowed into the embassy.