Paris embassy

Old Sep 20th 2001, 7:39 am
Ml

For anyone that want to do DCF in Paris, France : you can. You can go to the embassy,
get all the information you need, tell them that you are (or when you are going to
be) married, and set up an appointment date. they will give you everything you need
there and then, from all the packets that usually only come after the I-130
application. You have to fill in and sign 2 forms there, and they begin the
background check. I went for my medical the next day. We received the letter for our
appointment a week later. So we went in 2 days ago for our appointment ( 4 weeks
after we approached them initially - could have had an earlier appointment, but we
needed to travel overseas to the US for a party with family and friends first). We
gave the I-130 forms, all supporting documents they ask for on the forms, and
received the visa the same day. It was absolutely flawless, and everyone was very
helpful. Obviously at least one of you has to have a cart de sejour, or be a French
national. We were married in Paris too, which I think was the key. We also had all
our papers in order - thanks to this site!

Hope that helps someone! Regards - and best wishes of healing and hope to the US.