Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet #3 rec'd from Vancouver - question about medical

Packet #3 rec'd from Vancouver - question about medical

Old Sep 21st 2001, 10:46 pm
Girlcanada

Hi everyone, Very excited we've made it to this point so quickly. I just rec'd my
packet today in the mail and I have a couple of questions and some info to share...

IMMUNIZATION RECORDS - I tried to obtain a copy of these from the Calgary CRHA. I was
informed by the clerk that the records for people born in the 60's and 70's have been
recently destroyed. Unfortunately I fall into that age category, so I will require
all new vaccination shots. Doh, I hate needles.

MEDICAL EXAM - I want to schedule my medical exam. Somewhere in one of the K-1
experiences website, the Calgary doctor was listed as Dr. Popowich. He/she is no
longer approved to do the exams, it is now Dr. Adriaan Viljoen. I will scan the
updated doctor list for Canada and submit to Doc Steen in case he wants to add it to
his website.

The medical exam form letter looks pretty straight forward except for this part: "If
the applicant has had any treatment or hospitalization for any illness, it is
mandatory that written certification of such illness with diagnosis, duration,
treatment and prognosis be presented. Please bring from your doctor two copies of
this report."

I've had day surgery on my right arm ulnar nerve, facial plastic surgery from a car
accident and when I was visiting my fiancee in Aug 01, I was hit in the eye with a
golf ball and was rushed to the hospital. (I know it sounds like bad luck). None of
these times was I ever admitted to the hospital and I have fully recovered with no
ill side effects. Am I required to bring letters for these treatments? or does this
specifically apply to other illnesses such as diabetes, cancer, etc.? I am fretting
for no reason at all?

Has anyone recently had an exam with this new doctor in Calgary and if so, can you
share your experience. Thanks so much, GC
--
Vermont Service Center Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition
Received Aug 30/01 Notice of Action Dated Sep 12/01 Notice of Approval Dated 19 days
from submission to approval Sep 17/01 Requested Provisional file Vancouver Sep 19/01
Notice of Approval received (2 copies) Sep 19/01 Packet #3 received from Vanc US
Embassy Jim (USC) & Michelle (Alberta, Canada)

Old Sep 22nd 2001, 1:42 am
Nicole

Hey there....I have my medical with Dr. Viljoen (Calgary) on Monday, and my interview
on Tuesday in Vancouver. Talk about a major screw up on my part!!!! Results aren't
available for 2-3 days, so make sure that you give yourself plenty of time! Im not
sure about the hospitalization part....wish I could help you. I just wanted to tell
you to make sure you space the medical and the interview a few days apart.

"GirlCanada" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 22nd 2001, 4:54 am
North_to_alaska

"GirlCanada" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Michelle, It looks like proceidures have changed alot since I was in your shoes 2
years ago. Has it really been that long? Wow! Anyway, The ONLY but very valuable
piece of advice I have to offer you, is WATCH WHERE YOU PARK in Vancouver. There are
tow trucks everywhere and they are "Johnny-on-th-spot" too.

When I went for my medical, it was done in Vancouver the same day as the interview. I
only had to wait an hour for my results. I am not sure if it is still that way, but
it is another option, though it is way more expensive than Calgary as I recall.

I am really impressed with your time-line so far! I hope the rest of your experience
is just as expediant! Best of luck, Joy

Joy (Canada) Dennis (there's frost on the moose in Alaska... Brrrrr)

Old Sep 22nd 2001, 1:35 pm
Girlcanada

Thankfully I have a friend in Vancouver who is picking me up at and drive me to the
airport, will put me up at his place if I need to stay overnight, and is driving me
to the interview (he works just down the block).

I would rather have my interview done in Calgary, because I have heard the the dr in
vancouver is really really expensive. Thanks for your advice.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >