Packet 3 Questions

Old Sep 20th 2001, 4:25 am
Daniel27

Today my spouse received her packet 3 with intructions but there are several things
we are a little unclear on:

1. The checklist mentioned that she must have "a valid passport for travel to the
U.S." Is this the international passport that they are referring to? She already
has this one ; or does she need to obtain some"special" passport?

2. It mentioned that translations " must be certified by a competent translator and
notorized." Does this mean that the translator will sign the document or have some
sort of special seal in addition to the notory?

3. The affidavit of support mentions that threeof the most recent tax returns are
needed. Do these need to be notorized as well as the affidavit of support ; as
there was no mention of that requirement?

4. And lastly; do copies of my W2 or 1099's income slips need to accompany the tax
returns; as again there was no mention of this requirement either?

Just want to cover all bases; thanks!!

Dan and Oksana

Old Sep 20th 2001, 4:49 am
Mapkw

Dan and Oksana,

My understanding (and experience with the US consulate in Vladivstok) is that:

1 - the regular international passport that most Russians have is what they are
talking about. 2 - we had some of our documents translated by a business that
specializes in such things. They had a special signiture block that said they were a
"certified translator" which included a notary stamp. Most cities in Russia have
international translation businesses like this and they do this kind of stuff all the
time. I'd look around to find one - or wait until Moscow and get the work done there.
The US consulate should be able to suggest some places for you. You also might check
out the internet. 3 - The affidavit of support needs to be notarized, the tax returns
do not - at least that was our experience. 4- Yes include your W2s, they specifically
asked to see mine (which fortunately I had with me).

Good luck.

Mark

daniel27 wrote in message ...
    >
several
    >
    >
    >
    >
to?
    >
    >