Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

packet 3 checklist for K1 Visa

packet 3 checklist for K1 Visa

Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default packet 3 checklist for K1 Visa

so much great advice here and i have done a lot of reading but i really wanna make sure i havent forgotten anything!

just to clarify, im a UKC applying for a K1 visa.

all my forms are signed and ready to send back once i got my medical date, but these are the documents i have prepared to take with me to the interview

My Passport + a photocopy of the details page
A copy of my USC fiance detail page of passport
Full Birth certificate
2 Police Certificates (1 is a local one and 1 is a UK and NI one)
USC I-134, letter from bank and last 3 tax returns
USC's mother's I-134 (joint sponser), letter from bank and last 3 tax returns
8 Colour US passport sized photographs (just incase i need spares)
NOA2 and Packet 3 letter
Letter of Intent to Marry (with updates on wedding dress and venues etc)
Evidence including - photos, plane ticket stubs and itinarys, hotel receipts, phone bills.

i also have a photocopy of EVERYTHING (except the photos), ive put all the evidence together in a big album in date order (of trips)

does the medical need UK or US passport photo sizes? i have both. Just curious which is better to take.

i hope i have everything for the interview, please let me know if im missing anything. If its right, feel free to add this to a wiki or the thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3&highlight=k1

thanks in advance
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: packet 3 checklist for K1 Visa

Looks like you have everything you need (and then some).

You can take US or UK passport photos to the medical. I asked when I booked mine, and was told they preferred UK sized photos.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

thanks marty! im trying to make sure i have all the bases covered on this.

ok i booked my medical - they appointments for tomorrow! im not quite that ready i need to get my vaccine record from my doctor. so im booking in on thursday 19th. My forms have gone to the embassy so hopefully i'll get an interview date

anyone know how long doctors normally take to get these?

also if you were given MMR as a baby do you still need it again for the medical exam? or is it a lifetime thing?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
USC's mother's I-134 (joint sponser), letter from bank and last 3 tax returns
Don't forget the joint sponsor's letter of employment and/or recent paystubs, proving her income level...or proof of assets if assets are being used. Also don't forget proof of USC or PR status from the joint sponsor.

Rene
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

thankyou! ive added it to my fiances To Do List. him and his mum are gonna get those together for me.

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ive been doing as much reading as I can on these forums, and I've come across people mentioning a W2 and a 1099.

Im not 100% sure what these are? I couldn't find a wiki article on the I-134 and supporting documents either, I may not have seen it.

Could someone please tell me what they are and if I'm missing them in my list.

Thankyou!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been doing as much reading as I can on these forums, and I've come across people mentioning a W2 and a 1099.

Im not 100% sure what these are? I couldn't find a wiki article on the I-134 and supporting documents either, I may not have seen it.

Thankyou!
W-2 is the year-end earnings statement that is given in the USA. It shows how much a person earned in wages that year.

For those who are self-employed, their version of year-end earnings statement is called 1099.

For the I-134 and/or I-864, the W-2 or 1099 are the documents that are needed to go along with photocopies of tax returns. If you use IRS transcripts, you don't need to supply a W-2 or 1099 unless the officer specifically asks for them.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou!
They're sort of the US equivalent of a P-60. Our tax withholding system is a little (lot!) different but basically a wage statement showing how much tax has been withheld.

The I-134/Public Charge info is on the London website and here: I-134 and Overcoming the Public Charge Issue
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:30 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't forget the joint sponsor's letter of employment and/or recent paystubs, proving her income level...or proof of assets if assets are being used. Also don't forget proof of USC or PR status from the joint sponsor.

Rene

My mother has to provide proof....?? can he do a photocopy of her drivers license or does it have to be a birth certificate??
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
My mother has to provide proof....?? can he do a photocopy of her drivers license or does it have to be a birth certificate??
Whoever is doing an Affidavit of Support I would guess, Sponsor and Joint Sponsor, It makes sense because the sponsor has to have proof of citizenship (I've got a copy of his details page in passport) so I'm going to get a copy of either his mums passport or birth certificate too as she is my joint sponsor.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
Yes, there needs to be proof of her USC or PR status. Either a photocopy of her birth certificate, or a photocopy of her passport will do.

Driver's license proves identity, but not citizenship or PR status.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok, this is an Updated Checklist (with many thanks to everyone who's helped!)

Main Documents
My Passport
My Full Birth certificate
8 Colour US passport sized photographs (just incase i need spares)
NOA2 and Packet 3 letter
Letter of Intent to Marry (with updates on wedding dress and venues etc)
Evidence including - photos, plane ticket stubs and itinerary, hotel receipts, phone bills
2 Police Certificates (1 is a local one and 1 is a UK and NI one)

USC Sponsor
2 copies of my fiance detail page of passport
I-134 Form completed and signed by USC and bank
Bank Letter
Latest 3 Tax Returns
Latest 2 W-2s (cant find one of them)
Letter from Employment (stating date work started, position, salery etc) and signed by manager
Proof of Assets (Car)

Joint Sponsor (USC MIL)
2 copies of my USC MIL birth certificate (joint sponsor)
I-134 Form complete and signed by USC MIL and Bank
letter from bank
Latest 3 tax returns
Latest 3 W-2's
Letter of Employment
Proof of Assets (car and house)

I also have a photocopy of EVERYTHING (except the photos), ive put all the evidence together in a big album in date order (of trips)

Hopefully this is gonna be it (crosses fingers) Medical in 4 days!

Couple of questions: Anyone have a rough estimate on how long after the medical the interview is normally scheduled for? I've seen recently in a few threads its not been that long. I did put the wedding date (23rd June) on the forms I sent in, along with the medical date.

Also as I stated in the list we only have 2 of my USC W-2's but all 3 of my USC MIL's - do you think this will be ok?

AND - apparently MIL and USC dont get paystubs at their job - will just the letter of employment and tax returns etc do?

Last edited by PepsiChic; Mar 16th 2009 at 12:43 am.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:53 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

If you need a copy of a W2 your fiance's employer would have a copy onfile. Just curious why don't your fiance and MIL have paystubs? When I was a private contractor for a bit last year I just got checks but I photo copied them for proof of payment. I'm not sure but I don't think cars count as assets. Good Luck
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by penguinbar
If you need a copy of a W2 your fiance's employer would have a copy onfile. Just curious why don't your fiance and MIL have paystubs? When I was a private contractor for a bit last year I just got checks but I photo copied them for proof of payment. I'm not sure but I don't think cars count as assets. Good Luck
I believe they both just get checks from their jobs (they dont work at the same place). I've asked them both for a copy of a bank statement which shows the paying in of the checks. I'll see if he can get a W-2 from his ex-boss for the one thats missing but this might prove difficult.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Im gonna keep all my stuff in this one thread i think.

Question:HPV - apparently 3 injections 1 a month for 3 months. If I had them done at knightsbridge obviously thats only one of the 3 required for HPV - does this mean i have to have the rest once im in the states or is it just a requirement to start the process?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.