Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Old Feb 14th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Looked at the Notification of Application Readiness form amd it appears as though I could submit it right away as it asks for a date for the medical rather than it being in past tense.

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notif...ness_form.html

:-?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

So after reading some more I decided ot send in the Notification of Application Readiness form.
Well it's all online now so not too tricky although a couple of the questions are a bit vague as to their actual intention.
We did realise that I haven't got I-134 (although I do have all statements of pay etc..) so the gf is getting that sent over.

Looks like quite a few things have changed since we first started this process.
A lot of forms are now updated and/or online.
Some of the requirements have changed as well.
Also looks like taking mobile phones etc in to the Embassy is no longer restricted.
I'm going to call them on Monday to ask such questions so I know for sure.

But I think if in doubt get it and take it with you anyway is the safest approach.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 8:28 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonion
So after reading some more I decided ot send in the Notification of Application Readiness form.
Well it's all online now so not too tricky although a couple of the questions are a bit vague as to their actual intention.
We did realise that I haven't got I-134 (although I do have all statements of pay etc..) so the gf is getting that sent over.

Looks like quite a few things have changed since we first started this process.
A lot of forms are now updated and/or online.
Some of the requirements have changed as well.
Also looks like taking mobile phones etc in to the Embassy is no longer restricted.
I'm going to call them on Monday to ask such questions so I know for sure.

But I think if in doubt get it and take it with you anyway is the safest approach.
Ok, if that will make you feel better but I seriously don't think they'll be able to tell you anything you don't already know. You've arranged your medical and submitted your DS160 and the Notification of Readiness so you're good to go

Just focus now on getting all your forms sorted for the interview. Go through the checklist on the Embassy website and make sure you've got everything that's needed to support the I134. Make sure you've got originals and photocopies of everything
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I went for the medical today.
Took the easy option of the train and tube to get there and back.
I don't usually go anywhere if I can't drive it myself.

Not sure how it went.
Asian doctor and was tricky to understand everything he said.

The vaccine issues were non-issues.
They waivered the MMR jab as it's currently out of stock in the UK.
Varicella was just asked about and ticked off.
I now have to send them info from my GP regarding my diabetes. Hopefully my GP can't screw this up by saying how poor my control is in his opinion.

He did seem extremely interested in my Police record though.
He asked more questions than the police did at the time
I honestly couldn't remember some iof the details as it was over 25 years ago.
But it is only motoring offences which I didn't think would put me on the 'most wanted' list.

So once I get my GP to send the info over it shouldn't be too long before I hear something.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Visited my GP today.
He's going to charge me £30 to write the letter in which he'll try to screw up my visa application.
In his opinion my diabetes is very poorly controlled and I have many major complications.
I say 'in his opinion' as the consultants dealing with the complications he refers to have stated they are stable and I haven't had any issues/treatment for them in over 5 years or so. He likes to blame anything/everything on my diabetes. Example: in 2000 I called him out as I was feeling very ill. He stated it was my blood glucose causing it and advised I sort that out. The next day I was in hospital with pneumonia.

This does concern me though as I'm hoping it won't adversely influence my Visa application.

I also think I'll need to extend the I-129f approval time as it runs out this week & I won't get the letter from my GP until Friday.

Any input is welcomed.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:05 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Visited my GP today.
He's going to charge me £30 to write the letter in which he'll try to screw up my visa application.
In his opinion my diabetes is very poorly controlled and I have many major complications.
I say 'in his opinion' as the consultants dealing with the complications he refers to have stated they are stable and I haven't had any issues/treatment for them in over 5 years or so. He likes to blame anything/everything on my diabetes. Example: in 2000 I called him out as I was feeling very ill. He stated it was my blood glucose causing it and advised I sort that out. The next day I was in hospital with pneumonia.

This does concern me though as I'm hoping it won't adversely influence my Visa application.

I also think I'll need to extend the I-129f approval time as it runs out this week & I won't get the letter from my GP until Friday.

Any input is welcomed.
Sorry, I can't help re the diabetes, maybe someone will come alone later who can advise properly.

WRT the I129F though, the CO will extend the validity at your interview, there isn't anything you need to do before then.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
WRT the I129F though, the CO will extend the validity at your interview, there isn't anything you need to do before then.
Se even though the date is up before I've got the interview date (and before they receive the medical result) I don't need to do anything?
Just checking I have it correct.

Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:13 am
Hoppity hop...

Se even though the date is up before I've got the interview date (and before they receive the medical result) I don't need to do anything?
Just checking I have it correct.

Correct

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...ce-k-1.html#11
Old Mar 21st 2014, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well it's been a while but I do have some updates and when things have calmed down a bit around here I'll get time to make a timeline report and even give the outcome of it all.

Thanks for al lthe help and input :-)

I managed to resolve the medical history issue with the Visa doctor. They were actually pretty good despite my GP managing to make it look worse than it was.
Rather than leaving off irrelevant medical things from the report he sent the Visa doc (as they'd asked) they blanked them off, which just made it look suspicious, then sent another with those things missing entirely, which didn't help the suspicious look.
So I sent them a complete history which they checked over and said was fine.
So the diabetes issue while being looked at pretty extensively at first wasn't an issue in the end. As far as the Visa medical was concerned at least, I have no idea if the ConOff looks at this or not.

So the medical report was sent to the Embassy on 17/03/14.
I received a letter from the Embassy on 19/03/14.
And the interview date is 26/03/14.
Way sooner than we'd anticipated.

Headless chicken time for me then.

Just sorting out the tax return from my partner as this wasn't asked for before as far as we can tell but is on the list of things I need to take to the interview. I have a W2 but that's not the same we gather.

Also trying to decide on best course of action for the trip down... train & tube or car and tube, or train, b&b and tube.

Just hoping that nothing goes wrong from here on in.
Even my pessimism is currently in a happy state.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to add..

It looks like a lot of the previous methods/requirements etc.. have been updated since we started the process.
The required documents for the interview seem very few compared with what is normally recommended on here (and other places). I'm just hoping that by going on the list from the Embassy that I'm not going to leave something important behind.

The passport photocopy is no longer required, just the passport itself.
Copies of other information they used to ask for is no longer asked for. Such as the previous evidence of relationship and the like.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Just sorting out the tax return from my partner as this wasn't asked for before as far as we can tell but is on the list of things I need to take to the interview. I have a W2 but that's not the same we gather.
Correct. Not only is the W-2 required, but also a copy of the 1040 return and any schedules that might have been included with the original return. You need a complete return, and a W-2 is not sufficient.

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I couldn't update yesterday due to the site issues.

I attended the interview yesterday and will post details as I recall them.

Appointment time: main point here is don't be late. Early seems fine and normal though.
I got there an hour before appt time and joined two long queues. One to hand in two docs to show you're there, the second to go through the security building.
I was approximately the 200th person in the queue. Basically both queues were back to the main road.
This took approx 45 mins.
Got in the waiting room at 8:50am.
Went to first window at 9:30am.
Handed over docs as required etc..
Called for the actual interview at approx 9:45am.
The woman was a pleasant sort and just asked some general questions.
She did question my diabetes and 'no live trace' issues more than anything else, also commented on health insurance.
She spent quite some time discussing things with here superior who was lingering. No idea what it was though as I couldn't hear them.
She then spotted a 'wedding band' and asked about it. Not sure why though as it's a buckle ring on my right hand.

At no point did anyone ask me for the W2 or the 1040 tax return.
They did ask for an employer's letter, I offered the W2 and 1040 when I realised they were never going to ask for them and they happily took them.

She then smiled and said: "OK your visa is approved".

I'm still nervous though as you get no proof that it has been approved other than that sentence.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:12 am
Hoppity hop...

I couldn't update yesterday due to the site issues.

I attended the interview yesterday and will post details as I recall them.

Appointment time: main point here is don't be late. Early seems fine and normal though.
I got there an hour before appt time and joined two long queues. One to hand in two docs to show you're there, the second to go through the security building.
I was approximately the 200th person in the queue. Basically both queues were back to the main road.
This took approx 45 mins.
Got in the waiting room at 8:50am.
Went to first window at 9:30am.
Handed over docs as required etc..
Called for the actual interview at approx 9:45am.
The woman was a pleasant sort and just asked some general questions.
She did question my diabetes and 'no live trace' issues more than anything else, also commented on health insurance.
She spent quite some time discussing things with here superior who was lingering. No idea what it was though as I couldn't hear them.
She then spotted a 'wedding band' and asked about it. Not sure why though as it's a buckle ring on my right hand.

At no point did anyone ask me for the W2 or the 1040 tax return.
They did ask for an employer's letter, I offered the W2 and 1040 when I realised they were never going to ask for them and they happily took them.

She then smiled and said: "OK your visa is approved".

I'm still nervous though as you get no proof that it has been approved other than that sentence.
Wow.

You were approved!! Congratulations!! If they didn't hand you a 221g then you're fine! Hopefully you'll receive your passport back really soon, maybe then you can smile
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:18 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
If they didn't hand you a 221g then you're fine! Hopefully you'll receive your passport back really soon, maybe then you can smile
Not quite true, you CAN be put into AP after the interview if a supervisor reviews the case and wants more information - however I agree that that is very unlikely in this case.

Congrats!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by civilservant
Not quite true, you CAN be put into AP after the interview if a supervisor reviews the case and wants more information - however I agree that that is very unlikely in this case.
Not that I'm usually the worrying kind but...

I don't know what 'AP' stands for?
And they did say it would go to someone else after them for final 'something'.

Hopefully I can stop this unusual worrying stuff I'm doing these days and get on with all the other stuff I've got to do.
Today is trying to get my motor insurance (trade or normal) organised as it runs out this week and I don't really want to get 12 months for a months' use.

I will also add my timeline to the relevant thread once I've got it al lto hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.