Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

original divorce papers needed in interview?

original divorce papers needed in interview?

Old Jan 16th 2003, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default original divorce papers needed in interview?

dear all.
today i went to consulat to have my documents checked. this is a new proccess they have: everyone who do immogrant visa has to show up one day before interview date to have her/his documents checked. if perfect, you may have your interview. if not perfect, they will reschedule your interview.

anyway, i went there this morning and gave all i have: affidavit of support, birth certificate, passport and pictures and police report. all the originals and copes and also the translations.

everything went perfect until that lady wanted me to show the original divorce paper of my fiancee. i didnt have it and it was never written as required documents that has to be handed to consulat! well i told her i didnt have and... they rechedule my interview next week.

is this nomal prochedure? to those who had interview already, did you do this also? did your consulat might ask you to bring any documents, even if they didnt mention that before?

please give me any input. thank you.
anggraeni
Old Jan 17th 2003, 12:07 am
Lori

Default Re: original divorce papers needed in interview?

anggraeni, my husband and I are in the process of obtaining an
immigrant visa through the Consulate in the Netherlands, and my
understanding, though it is not clear, is that all of the original
documents ever used in the process must be with you at the time of the
interview. The officer who helped us with our first step briefly
mentioned that my husband will need to bring my divorce papers from my
first marriage to the interview, but you're right; it isn't in the
list of required documents that I could see.

I have an envelope containing the orginal of every document we've used
so far,(except my passport because I must return to America, but I'm
leaving my original birth certificate), and my husband will take
everything to the interview just to be safe.

Sorry you've experienced delays, but good luck with the rest of the
process.

anggraeni wrote in message news:...
    > dear all.
    > today i went to consulat to have my documents checked. this is a new
    > proccess they have: everyone who do immogrant visa has to show up one
    > day before interview date to have her/his documents checked. if perfect,
    > you may have your interview. if not perfect, they will reschedule your
    > interview.
    >
    > anyway, i went there this morning and gave all i have: affidavit of
    > support, birth certificate, passport and pictures and police report. all
    > the originals and copes and also the translations.
    >
    > everything went perfect until that lady wanted me to show the original
    > divorce paper of my fiancee. i didnt have it and it was never written as
    > required documents that has to be handed to consulat! well i told her i
    > didnt have and... they rechedule my interview next week.
    >
    > is this nomal prochedure? to those who had interview already, did you do
    > this also? did your consulat might ask you to bring any documents, even
    > if they didnt mention that before?
    >
    > please give me any input. thank you.
    > anggraeni

Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: original divorce papers needed in interview?

Yes it is a requirement. At the time of the filing of the I-129F your fiancee in essence said that all originals will be made available upon request and that request time can be the interview as well as an RFE from the service center. I believe it has always been said on the forum that all originals of copies submitted to the Service Center at the time of applying be sent to the foreign fiancee for the interview. Sorry that you were postponed but at least you have the ability to get the originals from your fiancee quickly and in time for the new interview date.

Rete

Originally posted by anggraeni
dear all.
today i went to consulat to have my documents checked. this is a new proccess they have: everyone who do immogrant visa has to show up one day before interview date to have her/his documents checked. if perfect, you may have your interview. if not perfect, they will reschedule your interview.

anyway, i went there this morning and gave all i have: affidavit of support, birth certificate, passport and pictures and police report. all the originals and copes and also the translations.

everything went perfect until that lady wanted me to show the original divorce paper of my fiancee. i didnt have it and it was never written as required documents that has to be handed to consulat! well i told her i didnt have and... they rechedule my interview next week.

is this nomal prochedure? to those who had interview already, did you do this also? did your consulat might ask you to bring any documents, even if they didnt mention that before?

please give me any input. thank you.
anggraeni
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default thank you

thank you everybody. my fiancee and I read yours and now we understand better. well its now on fedex somewhere out there, it will be here on monday afternoon so i can have my interview on tuesday as scheduled!

thank you so much, God bless you.
anggraeni