Not Clear on Filing Office?

Not Clear on Filing Office?

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Jesse_t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not Clear on Filing Office?

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question:

My American wife is sponsoring me for my Green Card and we are currently living in Oklahoma. We were instructed to send our application to the Chicago lockbox facility. However, I am not sure if I entered the correct filing location. On the Petition for Alien Relative form, I've indicated "Chicago" as the filing office for the adjustment of Status (question 22). Is this correct, or should I have indicated Oklahoma City (my local office)? It appears the question has not been adapted for the new lockbox facility.

Any help provided is much appreciated.

Thanks ... Jesse
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Clear on Filing Office?

Originally Posted by Jesse_t
My American wife is sponsoring me for my Green Card and we are currently living in Oklahoma. We were instructed to send our application to the Chicago lockbox facility. However, I am not sure if I entered the correct filing location. On the Petition for Alien Relative form, I've indicated "Chicago" as the filing office for the adjustment of Status (question 22). Is this correct, or should I have indicated Oklahoma City (my local office)? It appears the question has not been adapted for the new lockbox facility.

Any help provided is much appreciated.

Thanks ... Jesse
Hi Jesse,

You will put Oklahoma City as your local office where your AOS interview will be held. However, all the forms get mailed to the Chicago lockbox for processing. They will forward your file to Oklahoma City when your turn for an interview approaches.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jesse_t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Clear on Filing Office?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jesse,

You will put Oklahoma City as your local office where your AOS interview will be held. However, all the forms get mailed to the Chicago lockbox for processing. They will forward your file to Oklahoma City when your turn for an interview approaches.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Many thanks for the help Rene.

Regards,

Tony