No word from NVC

Old Jul 6th 2016, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

flagunitas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No word from NVC

DCF - 1-130 - filed in USA

Still waiting to hear back from NVC. Submitted all documents 29 days ago and was told to wait 30 days for review(fingers crossed I get something today).

I hear they're experiencing a huge volume of applications so that'll likely be the problem.

Anyone else in this boat?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No word from NVC

Your first line doesn't make sense. If the I-130 was filed to the USA, then you aren't doing DCF.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your first line doesn't make sense. If the I-130 was filed to the USA, then you aren't doing DCF.

Rene
My bad. Filed at NVC in USA
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flagunitas
My bad. Filed at NVC in USA
Just to be clear, the I-130 can't be filed at NVC. If it was filed in the USA, it went to a USCIS service center and is now at NVC.

There is a thread in this forum called "Timeline Only" for I-130s filed in the USA, see if anyone has posted their timeline in there recently (although don't compare your case to theirs). Make sure you look at the one for I-1330s filed in the USA (not the DCF one).

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Submitted all documents 29 days ago and was told to wait 30 days for review(fingers crossed I get something today).
Has the check been cashed? If so, the paperwork has been accepted for processing whether you hear anything or not. Some people never receive notice. Also, it'll take 4-5 months for the I-130 to be processed... so don't be too anxious!

Ian
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Has the check been cashed? If so, the paperwork has been accepted for processing whether you hear anything or not. Some people never receive notice. Also, it'll take 4-5 months for the I-130 to be processed... so don't be too anxious!

Ian
I'm quite far on in process:

25th November 2015: I-130 posted, with G1145 (email notification form) and two G325a (biometric form), to Phoenix lockbox
27th March 2016: I-130 showing as approved on USCIS Case Update(just over 4 months).
1st April 2016: I-797c, Notice of Action, received
9th April2016: I-130 showing as approved on USCIS Case 21st
17th April 2016 NOA2 (I-797) Approval notice hardcopy confirming I-130 approval.
29th April USCIS shipped documents to NVC (according to their website's 'case status' section.
7th May 2016: Case number assigned
22nd May 2016: Email confirming receipt of DS-261 and Affidavit of Support fee processed
24th April 2016: Email accepting DS-261 (choice of agent)
27th April 2016: IV fee invoiced and paid
10th May 2016: DS-260 submitted
29th May: IV/AOS documents submitted to NVC
3rd June 2016: Email from NVC confirming receipt of documents and advising of 30 day review time.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

3rd June 2016: Email from NVC confirming receipt of documents and advising of 30 day review time.
Ah, my bad. I was confused because of your poor wording "Submitted all documents 29 days ago..."

As for the email from NVC, it's boilerplate language - and is pretty much meaningless. The phrase "30 days" can mean anything from 15 days to whenever they get around to it. As I said, don't be too anxious.

Ian