Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

No record of Childhood vaccinations at Health Board??!

No record of Childhood vaccinations at Health Board??!

Old Sep 6th 2012, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No record of Childhood vaccinations at Health Board??!

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
No, it's because hipster parents wrongly think vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases they prevent.
Nope. Not true in the situation I refer to. Local radio station did a huge story on it.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

ella2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will,and hope you get interview date soon!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Nope. Not true in the situation I refer to. Local radio station did a huge story on it.
A lot of people are suggesting that pertussis has mutated thus lowering the vaccine's effectiveness. One possible mechanism is that reduced levels of vaccination increase the viral load in the community therefore giving a greater chance that it can mutate. This is more commonly seen with the flu virus, two different strains in the same population mix creating a new strain. It's why herd immunity is so important.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:37 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly2234
He may just have to get them re-done. He will need two MMR shots 4 weeks apart and a tetanus within the last 10 years (if the record they have is that recent). Otherwise another tetanus will have to be done.

Because there isnt time for two MMR's, he will probably be able to get a waiver for the second one because it wont be medically appropriate.
Just to chip in - this was my situation. And I'm a 70s baby - but there as no record of my vaccinations either so I needed the lot. It's just how it was I'm afraid so it's likely the same in this instance.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

holly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really nice

I think a lot of the time, missing vaccination records are because of human error. I had the TB vaccination (i remember it AND have the scar) but there is no record of it. I had the Meningitis vaccination, i remember that too but again, no record. I also had the TdaP one done when it was due 4 years ago. I wrote it down myself so i know it happened yet the doctors surgery has no record of it so i had to get that done again. I did it before the medical though.

So even recent ones go missing too. All of those were within the last 15 years.