Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

New URL:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adjust...-3_Spouse_Visa

I'll ask Sue to remove the old one.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the great contributions.

I changed the SSN part of the entry so it reads exactly what's on the SS card:

If you decide to get your SSN at this point it will have written on it "Valid for Work with DHS Authorization Only".

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Dec 15th 2009 at 7:02 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering....I know this is BritishExpats, but we sometimes have folks from other countries using the site. Should the Wiki be so UK-specific?

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:56 pm

Also added a bit to the joint sponsorship blurb:

If your husband/wife doesn't meet the guideline you must find a joint sponsor. The joint sponsor can be a USC or LPR who is 18 or over, and resident in the US.
Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There are other AOS guides out and about; I do think the intention of this particular very specific K-1 AOS Guide is to answer some of the FAQs for the users of this board.
Other than the reference to Knightsbridge Medical what is too UK specific?

And thanks for changing the SS card lingo & other edits. There are several pieces like that that seasoned members can clean up.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
There are other AOS guides out and about; I do think the intention of this particular very specific K-1 AOS Guide is to answer some of the FAQs for the users of this board.
Other than the reference to Knightsbridge Medical what is too UK specific?

And thanks for changing the SS card lingo & other edits. There are several pieces like that that seasoned members can clean up.
Hmmm...I guess mainly it was the reference to Knightsbridge, and also in the acronyms "UKC = UK Citizen".

No biggie.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

How about a comparison of the marriage based visa options, as a Wiki page?

K1 vs CR1?

I'd volunteer to get the draft page up, if y'all will check it over after and correct my mistakes. I know how you enjoy doing that, Jeffrey.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

K1 vs CR1?

I'd volunteer to get the draft page up, if y'all will check it over after and correct my mistakes. I know how you enjoy doing that, Jeffrey.
That would be helpful, we used to have one!
Will you please refer to it as an Immigrant Visa (CR-1) since all Embassy instructions are for that, and the IR-1 (and for the most part, parent & child) instructions are virtually the same?

I'll copy over my DCF guide here soon too. And the POE guide.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:37 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

K1 vs CR1?

+K3? Even if it only takes a single word -- No!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

britshguy copy and paste the parts from the K1 AOS wiki that are the same for the CR1/IR1 process. Will make it a lot quicker and easier for you to create a new guide!

I have no idea about employment based AOS but if youd like i can browse the immigration forums and find out and make a help guide for it.

What would a VWP based AOS come under? Would it be classed under the CR1 stuff? If so maybe a paragraph in their about that and dos and donts?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
What would a VWP based AOS come under? Would it be classed under the CR1 stuff? If so maybe a paragraph in their about that and dos and donts?
Probably best not to go there, as we tend to steer people away from VWP --> AOS on here. If we have a guide for it, it sounds like we support it as a valid way to immigrate.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic

pretty much same as k1/3, with the caveat of not to bother with the AP if you've been out of status for more than 6 months, past the date on I-94 as you'd still face the ban on entry if you left the country....but I think I edited that note into the wiki entry somewhere.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:51 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably best not to go there, as we tend to steer people away from VWP --> AOS on here. If we have a guide for it, it sounds like we support it as a valid way to immigrate.

Rene
It's always the problem! But is ignoring it (a la Mo) really the best way of tackling it? Or is just the path of least resistance?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
pretty much same as k1/3, with the caveat of not to bother with the AP if you've been out of status for more than 6 months, past the date on I-94 as you'd still face the ban on entry if you left the country....but I think I edited that note into the wiki entry somewhere.
Plus an AOS from VWP would need to file an I-130.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
But is ignoring it (a la Mo) really the best way of tackling it?
I don't think we should ignore it... but I do think a strongly worded disclaimer should preface any information provided, along with a strongly worded "what if" scenario should things go belly up.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.