Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New London interview date

New London interview date

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

pomola is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New London interview date

Just to let those here waiting know, another date came through -- called DOS this afternoon and was given Oct 13th!! Can't quite believe it.... Good luck to everyone, and hopefully the embassy staff will come back from their holiday (Mon) turbo-charged to do more approvals.!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New London interview date

Originally Posted by pomola
Just to let those here waiting know, another date came through -- called DOS this afternoon and was given Oct 13th!! Can't quite believe it.... Good luck to everyone, and hopefully the embassy staff will come back from their holiday (Mon) turbo-charged to do more approvals.!
What is this new thing of people calling DoS for interviews instead of the Consulate?
Just curious.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

pomola is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd read that DOS is most on the ball with info as to where your file was at (once you have a number from NVC), so I tried calling once I knew my file had left NVC. And heard from DOS a) both files had reached London, b) now the interview date.

Originally Posted by meauxna
What is this new thing of people calling DoS for interviews instead of the Consulate?
Just curious.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pomola
At first your subject line had me confused -- USCIS for Connecticut is located in Hartford, not New London.

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
At first your subject line had me confused -- USCIS for Connecticut is located in Hartford, not New London.

That's funny, I thought that too. I grew up in Connecticut, my dad was in the Coast Guard for 24 years in New London, CT. My first thought was, cool...someone got an AOS interview in New London, CT! LOL

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:32 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious.
Same thing here!! <dazed confused>
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:30 am
Utah_Bound

Congrats Pomola
Im right behind you on the 17th October. Good luck

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:53 am
Utah_Bound

A few have in recent months. London take about 2 weeks to respond for
emails and have you seen how much they charge per minute to some call centre
in Scotland for an update? DOS for some reason seem to know before London
has the chance to send you an email or you getting that final packet through
the door.
Maybe if they got some kind of automated system whereby you could check like
you do when your case is at NVC all the better, but being as the summer
holidays and all those tourists getting their visa's sorted, London do seem
to have a backlog. My example. Called London on the 29th August and the
stated they had not recieved my case. Tuesday 30th August I get an email
telling me the interview date at London. That was a reply to an email I sent
asking for a status of my application on 22md August. Once people know from
NVC that their case has been sent there seems to be a state of limbo, IE not
knowing where your at, when your interview will be and little or no
information coming out of London Embassy for a week or two.
Hence the reason some people call DOS.

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:49 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious.

It's something that they have posted over on Visajourney. I did it myself because I was thinking (mistakenly) that the passage of the paperwork to London from NVC would be as speedy as it had been for the K3. also London wasn't as quick as they had been answering an email query as they had been in the past. Finally got an answer from DOS that although London had gotten the electronic file quickly they weren't going to do squat without the actual physical file and that either took awhile to get there or didn't get looked at right away. Frustrating, but of course a drop in the bucket timewise compared to other consulates which many UK/USC couples don't seem to realize.