Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Queries re EAD online filing

Queries re EAD online filing

Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Queries re EAD online filing

I'm "trying" to complete the EAD online filing but have just one or two queries. My previous EAD expired. Common sense tells me that as my previous EAD expired then I cant renew it if it expired and so I tick the box for "permission to accept employment". (Im just double checking everything!!)

It then asks "DAte and place of last entry into the US". I went over to the UK in June this year. THere is a dropdown list and the nearest thing that I can tick is "DA Advance Parole DISTRICT AUTH". Is this the one I tick??

THere is another dropdown list in which I have to tick off my current immigration status .. I'm no longer a K1 anymore so can't tick that one. Do I again tick the "DA Advance Parole DISTRICT AUTH"?? OR do I tick the "Immigrant" box???

Can anyone advise??
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Queries re EAD online filing

Originally Posted by Lara45
I'm "trying" to complete the EAD online filing but have just one or two queries. My previous EAD expired. Common sense tells me that as my previous EAD expired then I cant renew it if it expired and so I tick the box for "permission to accept employment". (Im just double checking everything!!)

It then asks "DAte and place of last entry into the US". I went over to the UK in June this year. THere is a dropdown list and the nearest thing that I can tick is "DA Advance Parole DISTRICT AUTH". Is this the one I tick??

THere is another dropdown list in which I have to tick off my current immigration status .. I'm no longer a K1 anymore so can't tick that one. Do I again tick the "DA Advance Parole DISTRICT AUTH"?? OR do I tick the "Immigrant" box???

Can anyone advise??
Sorry to bump this up!!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lara45

Can anyone advise??
Hi Lara,

I read your post before, but we never used the online filing. The two times we applied were by regular mail.

But I can help you with a couple of things, I think. Even though your previous EAD expired, you are still renewing your EAD. Check the renewal box. Date and place of last entry, if you were traveling using AP, then yes, you'd tick the Advance Parole method of entry. As for current immigration status, you are actually "Pending adjustment to permanent resident", so I'm not sure if that's an option....but between the 2 choices you mentioned, I'd go with Advance Parole, and not Immigrant.

Hope that helps you a bit,
Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Lara,

I read your post before, but we never used the online filing. The two times we applied were by regular mail.

But I can help you with a couple of things, I think. Even though your previous EAD expired, you are still renewing your EAD. Check the renewal box. Date and place of last entry, if you were traveling using AP, then yes, you'd tick the Advance Parole method of entry. As for current immigration status, you are actually "Pending adjustment to permanent resident", so I'm not sure if that's an option....but between the 2 choices you mentioned, I'd go with Advance Parole, and not Immigrant.

Hope that helps you a bit,
Rene
Thank you Rene!!