Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New here just approved i-129f questions

New here just approved i-129f questions

Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:02 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here just approved i-129f questions

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hello, I have just found this sight.......I love it..everyone here seems to be so supportive of each other. I sure wish I would have found it in July...lol I have a question if someone could please help me. My husband(in Morocco) and I (in Tennessee) was just approved for the I-129f visa petition. He has not recieved his packet yet, does anyone know how I can get the documents in that packet so we can be ahead of this waiting game??? Thanks
Congrats on your approval
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 6:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

JEff,

I don't know how much experience you've had with the Casablanca Consulate. But my husband and I have had a lot. They are notorious for asking you for things that they did not tell you that you would have to bring. FIRST HAND experience here, it took three trips to the Casablanca consulate for us to get the documentation that I needed to get married. This was after calling, searching the website and researching Moroccan law before we ever went. I was not telling her how to answer any questions. I was telling her to send or bring/send as much proof of relationship that she could possibly imagine. This is not the UK or Canadian embassy that we are talking about, where everybody is friendly and supportive. This is a highly suspicious embassy and Morocco has an antiquated and corrupt government. I have yet to meet anybody that got through that embassy without some kind of grief.

Regards, Leslie

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Alicia,

Sometimes people who complain about backlogs are the same people who contribute to them. (general observation)

If the issue being addressed is "where do you wash dishes", send the kitchen sink. Otherwise, just answer the question.

Regards, JEfff
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 6:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know she doesn't have a dishwasher?

Also, JEff, I did the bare bones approach with my I-130 & I-129F and I think it served me well. However, that was when I was dealing with the U.S. side of things.

Leslie

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Alicia,

Sometimes people who complain about backlogs are the same people who contribute to them. (general observation)

If the issue being addressed is "where do you wash dishes", send the kitchen sink. Otherwise, just answer the question.

Regards, JEfff
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Leslie, You are so right when you talk about there.......this is another reason why I worry so much, besides almost everything I mail to there disapears.
We too did the bare bones approach on the us side of things........We had the same dealings when we were getting the marriage papers. ( 2 times we went to the Casablanca consulate) It took us a full 2 weeks going between Casablanca, Rabat, and a few other places to actually get all the stamps on our papers that we needed, needless to say a small fortune too. But all in all though all this I fell totally in love with Morocco and the people there were so extreamly sweet. (outside of the consulate)

If it takes sending my Kitchen sink then it will be shipped.
They dont have to look through it if they dont need it. )

Last edited by Alicia&Driss; Nov 26th 2003 at 1:14 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Congrats on your approval
Thanks..we are still on cloud 9
Congrats to you and yours also!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 10:41 pm
WTF?

Hi Alicia,

I spoke with my sweet husband and he sends his greetings to you and your husband. Yes, I love Morocco and the wonderful people I met there. They showed me a kindness and hospitality I had never experienced before in my life. I came back with memories of such a positive and life altering experience. It is so good for Americans to get out into the world and see what is going on everywhere else.

I think your husband will need the following things. This is just our experience, and I hope it helps you.

1. His Birth certificate w/ current translation. Translations expire in 3 months in Morocco. Anything obtained prior to that will not work. (This applies to all of the following.)

2. Marriage certificate & translation.

3. Police record and translation.

4. Proof of relationship.

5. Your Affidavit of Support. I gave you the link.

6. Any forms that they sent him to complete. (I believe DS-156).

5. Visa photos (not the same as immigration photos). Tell him to find a good Visa photographer in Casablanca, there will probably not be anybody in his town that knows what he is asking for.

6. Medical Exam. My husband went to Khadiga Zirari, a lovely female Moroccan doctor who Khalid liked very much. I think they will give him three doctors to choose from (in Packet 3). I am sure they are all fine, but he had a good experience with her.

As far as the mail goes......send it Express with plenty of time to spare.

I wish you all the best.

Leslie

Leslie, You are so right when you talk about there.......this is another reason why I worry so much, besides almost everything I mail to there disapears.
We too did the bare bones approach on the us side of things........We had the same dealings when we were getting the marriage papers. ( 2 times we went to the Casablanca consulate) It took us a full 2 weeks going between Casablanca, Rabat, and a few other places to actually get all the stamps on our papers that we needed, needless to say a small fortune too. But all in all though all this I fell totally in love with Morocco and the people there were so extreamly sweet. (outside of the consulate)

If it takes sending my Kitchen sink then it will be shipped. (and I told my husband Im sending a toilet also..lol)
They dont have to look through it if they dont need it. )
Old Nov 24th 2003, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Leslie,
I just finished talking to Driss and giving him the information. We both want to thank you and your husband so extreamly much for your help. You both are so very sweet and kind to take your time to get us this information.
Thank you and God Bless
Alicia and Driss
Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:21 pm
WTF?

Don't mention it Alicia.

I really enjoyed your photos, it brought back so many memories of Morocco. I see you guys had the traditional (3 dress) Moroccan wedding. I think the costumes are beautiful. We opted not to do the Moroccan ceremony, we are both very self-conscious about that type of thing. We don't even want a ceremony when he gets to the states. My mother and sister are giving me grief about it, but I am very stubborn when I want to be.

Have a great day.

Leslie

Leslie,
I just finished talking to Driss and giving him the information. We both want to thank you and your husband so extreamly much for your help. You both are so very sweet and kind to take your time to get us this information.
Thank you and God Bless
Alicia and Driss
Old Nov 25th 2003, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Leslie
Hello again,
Im glad you enjoyed the pics. This was the best time of my life. We too did not want to do the wedding...lol....But his mother and 5 sisters really wanted to see him get married.(him being the only son and very spoiled) I am so glad that we did. Of coarse he is so shy as I am also, so he told his mother to please not invite many men so I would not feel as uncomfortable...(Was so sweet of him)
My family and I have went rounds about me not wanting another wedding here..lol...We have finally agreed on a small reception And we are not doing it as soon as he gets here, I dont want to bombard him so fast.
ps....Im sending the package to him express this week.....pray it arrives
YOUR DATE IS COMING SOON....I PRAY ALL WORKS OUT SMOOTHLY AND YOUR HUBBY IS WITH YOU VERY SOON!!!!!!!
I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GET YOUR DATE THAT HE WILL BE ARRIVING!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:03 pm
WTF?

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for the prayers.

Khalid said to tell Driss the medical exam was 1000 Durhams. He said to make the appointment for as early in the morning as he can and then get there early, otherwise he could get caught up all day. If he wants to, he can also get his Visa photo done in Casa the same day as he gets the medical. Of course, you know this is just our experience, and whatever you decide to do is great. We just have been so fortunate that things have gone smoothly for us so far. Thank God.

Leslie

Leslie
Hello again,
Im glad you enjoyed the pics. This was the best time of my life. We too did not want to do the wedding...lol....But his mother and 5 sisters really wanted to see him get married.(him being the only son and very spoiled) I am so glad that we did. Of coarse he is so shy as I am also, so he told his mother to please not invite many men so I would not feel as uncomfortable...(Was so sweet of him)
My family and I have went rounds about me not wanting another wedding here..lol...We have finally agreed on a small reception And we are not doing it as soon as he gets here, I dont want to bombard him so fast.
ps....Im sending the package to him express this week.....pray it arrives
YOUR DATE IS COMING SOON....I PRAY ALL WORKS OUT SMOOTHLY AND YOUR HUBBY IS WITH YOU VERY SOON!!!!!!!
I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GET YOUR DATE THAT HE WILL BE ARRIVING!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Alicia and Driss!! I just looked at your photos, they are gorgeous!! You guys are a very nice looking couple. I absolutely loved the way they did your hands, with henna, right? And your native dresses are so beautiful, too!

Best wishes for a speedy process!

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Alicia,

Thanks for the prayers.

Khalid said to tell Driss the medical exam was 1000 Durhams. He said to make the appointment for as early in the morning as he can and then get there early, otherwise he could get caught up all day. If he wants to, he can also get his Visa photo done in Casa the same day as he gets the medical. Of course, you know this is just our experience, and whatever you decide to do is great. We just have been so fortunate that things have gone smoothly for us so far. Thank God.

Leslie
Leslie, Thank you once again....you and your hubby have been soooo helpful. I passed this along to Driss tonight and he also says thank you so much. We had been wondering about the cost of the Medical. And so helpfull to know about the early apt. We are just following right along in your footsteps. Thanks again
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
Congratulations, Alicia and Driss!! I just looked at your photos, they are gorgeous!! You guys are a very nice looking couple. I absolutely loved the way they did your hands, with henna, right? And your native dresses are so beautiful, too!

Best wishes for a speedy process!

Rene
Hi Rene, Thank you so much!! Yes that is henna.....it toook about a month to come off my hands. When I came home a lady asked me if I had a bad expeirence with self tanning...lol
I just looked at your web page......so NICE! I enjoyed your page. You and your soon to be hubby make such a nice looking couple!
I was reading your timeline...Have you any idea about the police certifacate? I am so sorry about the delay for you both!! Hopefully something will come about and he will be here with you before you know it!! And CONGRATS on your engagement!!!
God Bless you both
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:51 am
WTF?

You are more than welcome. I have also been given so much help by the good people on this website. We have to all help each other. Rene (Noorah101) is one of those sweet, wonderful, supportive people you will come to know.

Leslie

Leslie, Thank you once again....you and your hubby have been soooo helpful. I passed this along to Driss tonight and he also says thank you so much. We had been wondering about the cost of the Medical. And so helpfull to know about the early apt. We are just following right along in your footsteps. Thanks again