Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i130 approved before i129f!!! Experts, please help!

i130 approved before i129f!!! Experts, please help!

Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

BenB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i130 approved before i129f!!! Experts, please help!

Hi all,
I'm in the k3 process. My i129f was actually approved (sorry for the misleading title of this post) last July, but the NVC never received my file from the BCIS!!!!! My wife and I did everything we could possibly think of, including letters to BCIS service center, BCIS director, and my wife is working with her congressman to try to resolve this issue. But now my concern is: we received the notice of approval for the i130!!!

My questions are:
- can I move on with the i130 as if I never sent the i129f? I would just get my interview in Paris (I'm french), and receive my green card right away instead of getting the K3 and adjusting status.
If any lawyer is reading this message, please tell me if you think that going on with the i130 would pose any problem since it was originally filed in a K3 process.
- how long does it take to get your interview and green card once you received your i130 approval when you are NOT filing for a K3? How is the process like? Is it the same as the K3? Is there any website that compares the timeline for a bunch of people like the website I saw for the K3?

I hope this was clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ben.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i130 approved before i129f!!! Experts, please help!

Originally posted by BenB
Hi all,
I'm in the k3 process. My i129f was actually approved (sorry for the misleading title of this post) last July, but the NVC never received my file from the BCIS!!!!! My wife and I did everything we could possibly think of, including letters to BCIS service center, BCIS director, and my wife is working with her congressman to try to resolve this issue. But now my concern is: we received the notice of approval for the i130!!!

My questions are:
- can I move on with the i130 as if I never sent the i129f? I would just get my interview in Paris (I'm french), and receive my green card right away instead of getting the K3 and adjusting status.
If any lawyer is reading this message, please tell me if you think that going on with the i130 would pose any problem since it was originally filed in a K3 process.
- how long does it take to get your interview and green card once you received your i130 approval when you are NOT filing for a K3? How is the process like? Is it the same as the K3? Is there any website that compares the timeline for a bunch of people like the website I saw for the K3?

I hope this was clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ben.
Yes you can proceed with the I130 which according to my lawyer is better to have it approved while your overseas because it's much easier than filing for adjustment of status when you come in on a K3 visa. Hope that makes sense.

I am race to see which of my petitions (I129F or I130) are approved first. I received an RFE on 11/10 for the I129F and RFE for the I130 on the I130. I really don't care which one is approved first because I miss my wife.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

BenB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your quick answer! Just a quick question: did your lawyer tell you if the i130 process is the same as the i129f process once it is approved?

I should have precised that my i130 was not directly filed with the consular (DCF).

If anybody out there had a similar experience, please share it!
Thanks.
-Ben
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:50 am
Zak

hi !! i had an approval for my i 130 on october 2003 ,i just paid the
visa fees $65 and $335 to NVC ,the next step will be filling upI-864
(for me ) AND DS-230(for my wife )after all the documents are returned
to NVC they will send them to the embassy with an interview date .hope
that help