Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need to Reschedule Interview...Help!

Need to Reschedule Interview...Help!

Old May 1st 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

lucyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to Reschedule Interview...Help!

Hi All,

Yesterday my husband received his interview date at the US Embassy in London for his CR-1 visa. Unfortunately, we desperately need to reschedule this interview.

We have already registered our appointment on the UK Visa appointment website, and there is no link at this site that indicates we can reschedule it ourselves. We have also tried calling NVC and the embassy searching for someone to help us reschedule but we were unsuccessful in our attempts.

Has anyone had a similar experience that can share with us how to reschedule? Any tips at all would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old May 1st 2018, 7:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to Reschedule Interview...Help!

The only way I would guess to do this would be by using the 'Contact Us" page on the US Embassy London website. Be sure to put your case number on there so they can find you in the system.

However, I even more strongly suggest that you do NOT reschedule the appointment.

Rene
Old May 1st 2018, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The only way I would guess to do this would be by using the 'Contact Us" page on the US Embassy London website. Be sure to put your case number on there so they can find you in the system.

However, I even more strongly suggest that you do NOT reschedule the appointment.

Rene

Thank you for your feedback, Rene. Do you mind me asking why you recommend against rescheduling, other than we will have to wait longer for a new appointment?

Thanks,
Lucy
Old May 1st 2018, 8:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyk
Thank you for your feedback, Rene. Do you mind me asking why you recommend against rescheduling, other than we will have to wait longer for a new appointment?

Thanks,
Lucy
There is a risk that your request for new interview date won't get to the right person, and if you then don't show up on the originally scheduled date, you'll be a no show.

Rene
Old May 1st 2018, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There is a risk that your request for new interview date won't get to the right person, and if you then don't show up on the originally scheduled date, you'll be a no show.

Rene
Which means denial.
Old May 1st 2018, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
Which means denial.
Hi Tom,

Are you sure of this? We spoke with someone directly at the London US Embassy saying the best way to reschedule was to wait for your original visa interview appointment to pass, which would then allow you to schedule a new date. We have heard conflicting information from several supposedly reliable sources so I am interested in hearing your take on the matter.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom,

Are you sure of this? We spoke with someone directly at the London US Embassy saying the best way to reschedule was to wait for your original visa interview appointment to pass, which would then allow you to schedule a new date. We have heard conflicting information from several supposedly reliable sources so I am interested in hearing your take on the matter.
Do you really trust a person on one of the misinformation lines with the outcome of this? Someone who if is wrong has zero personal liability or reprocussions?
Old May 1st 2018, 11:36 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom,

Are you sure of this? We spoke with someone directly at the London US Embassy ............
Unless you know the direct dial numbers into the USCIS/Consolute section I doubt you did speak to someone who really knows. Dialing the Embassy switchboard doesn’t normally get you connected, and any other number (except the direct dial numbers) goes to a third party call center.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:39 pm

To my knowledge, a no show at a scheduled visa interview results in a denial. Don't risk it.

Rene
Old May 1st 2018, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
Do you really trust a person on one of the misinformation lines with the outcome of this? Someone who if is wrong has zero personal liability or reprocussions?
No, not at all. Which is why I'm seeking additional input. We have received a plethora of mixed information and are trying to decide where to go from here. Thank you for your advice.
Old May 2nd 2018, 12:09 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. There are only 2 outcomes of a scheduled interview. Anything that isn't an approval is a denial. Since you can't get approved without attending, it will result in a denial.

Do whatever you possibly can to attend the interview, basically nothing can be more important other than a death in the family.
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:44 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

When I registered my appointment on the site, I was pretty sure it said that if I wanted to edit my details I would have to cancel my appointment and reschedule it. I presumed that it would automatically cancel my existing appointment and then allow me to reschedule one I had finished editing my details.

I didn't have to do it, but this may be a way of doing it.
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by StuBear65
When I registered my appointment on the site, I was pretty sure it said that if I wanted to edit my details I would have to cancel my appointment and reschedule it. I presumed that it would automatically cancel my existing appointment and then allow me to reschedule one I had finished editing my details.

I didn't have to do it, but this may be a way of doing it.
I'm not sure how that works when NVC is the one to set the appointment.

Rene