N400 sent off!

Old Mar 28th 2022, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 sent off!

Originally Posted by PetrifiedExPat
I filled so many AR-11s and didnt hear a peep about any of them. Love that they are simple to fill and file though!
And missing some inbetween isn’t a bar on citizenship.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I explained my situation to the officer who interviewed and he explained fully to me what to do and the process:

File the online address change form online and it'll get sent to them there at the office in the STL field office, they'd then cancel my oath schedule and then transfer my case to Iowa, who will then schedule my oath ceremony since he said he will approve my case. (Basically the exact same thing the NOLO link says).

I filed the address change over the weekend and lo and behold, online address filing was accepted today and has already been changed to my new one, and the oath ceremony was cancelled. Now I guess I just wait while they transfer my case to the nearest field office to me

Seems online form filing has made a lot of things easier!
Old Mar 29th 2022, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Yep, I explained my situation to the officer who interviewed and he explained fully to me what to do and the process:

File the online address change form online and it'll get sent to them there at the office in the STL field office, they'd then cancel my oath schedule and then transfer my case to Iowa, who will then schedule my oath ceremony since he said he will approve my case. (Basically the exact same thing the NOLO link says).

I filed the address change over the weekend and lo and behold, online address filing was accepted today and has already been changed to my new one, and the oath ceremony was cancelled. Now I guess I just wait while they transfer my case to the nearest field office to me

Seems online form filing has made a lot of things easier!
In some ways it has, but some attorneys are adamant to continue to file paper where possible. Maybe that way there is a definite copy of what is actually submitted. Anyway, pleasantly surprised your AR-11 resulted in that.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
In some ways it has, but some attorneys are adamant to continue to file paper where possible. Maybe that way there is a definite copy of what is actually submitted. Anyway, pleasantly surprised your AR-11 resulted in that.
I get that - but the online portal also saves the completed forms to your profile so you actually do have a copy of what is submitted. I'm glad the address was fast and simple though, much easier!
Old Mar 29th 2022, 12:29 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I get that - but the online portal also saves the completed forms to your profile so you actually do have a copy of what is submitted. I'm glad the address was fast and simple though, much easier!
It is so much easier… I used to FedEx mine to make sure they were received and it was a big hassle….
Old Mar 30th 2022, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Already in line for oath ceremony in Des Moines now! So close to being official! Wife will be taking the day off work to come and watch me take the oath, so we will make a day of it probably and explore Des Moines a little
Old Mar 31st 2022, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Already in line for oath ceremony in Des Moines now! So close to being official! Wife will be taking the day off work to come and watch me take the oath, so we will make a day of it probably and explore Des Moines a little
Oh glad they are letting people in now, or at least at that office!
Old Apr 16th 2022, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got my naturalization date! It's on May 26th Almost there!
Old May 24th 2022, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Weird question, but I'm going to be filling out the questionnaire before I hit the road for the oath ceremony this Thrusday - on it, it says city of signing or something along those lines. Should I put where I am living, or the city the oath ceremony is taking place?
Old May 26th 2022, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

All done and dusted! A citizen now! My ceremony was very rushed... in and out in TEN minutes... they checked my form, made me wait a few mins for a couple more people (4 of us total naturalized at the same time, they did small groups), the oath was read to us by the person in front of a flag at x10 speed.... and that was it. We didn't say the oath, or anything. Just raised our right hand and that was over. Ushered out as fast as we came in. Kind of... weird to put it nicely!
Old May 27th 2022, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Waving flags and shouting out Congratulations to our latest new US Citizen. Well Done.
Old May 28th 2022, 12:04 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

All done and dusted! A citizen now! My ceremony was very rushed... in and out in TEN minutes... they checked my form, made me wait a few mins for a couple more people (4 of us total naturalized at the same time, they did small groups), the oath was read to us by the person in front of a flag at x10 speed.... and that was it. We didn't say the oath, or anything. Just raised our right hand and that was over. Ushered out as fast as we came in. Kind of... weird to put it nicely!
Congratulations.

If you haven’t already, register to vote. IMHO, if you don’t vote, you cannot bitch.

As an aside, call me old fashioned, I miss the old formal judicial swearing in. Becoming a U.S. citizen is worthy of a formal solemn ceremony. I know that my grandmother spoke of her swearing in 50 years later.
Old May 28th 2022, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations
Old May 30th 2022, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I think perhaps the ceremonies are much shorter now due to Covid. Mine lasted at least an hour.