Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 or renew green card, which would be best?

N400 or renew green card, which would be best?

Old Jun 17th 2022, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 or renew green card, which would be best?

Originally Posted by ajmstevenson
A quick update on the passport front. I logged into the online system today to see I had been officially moved into "In Process" status, with them stating they had received my application 06/13, so almost exactly one week from being at the appointment at the county clerk. It correctly states i applied for both the book and card and requested expedited service which is quoted as 5-7 weeks.

Will follow up with more updates as I get them. I also had a question which is probably stupid but I was thinking about so figured I would ask (my old boss used to say there are no such things as stupid questions). I know prior to my naturalization if I had a change of address you would typically have to notify them either when you file your forms, of if you changed address after you filed with a change of address notice. I assume now I have that piece of paper that says I'm a citizen I don't need to let them know when I change address. I only ask because it lists where you resided at on your certificate.
Please do! I applied for my passport on Wednesday, and too applied for expedited as work expect all of us to be at head office in Germany for an event/work week, so I think your process will hopefully be a good guideline for my passport.