British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/n-400-post-your-individual-journey-please-v-2011-a-703810/)

Maggs Jan 25th 2011 1:45 pm

Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

P.S. I love Basil Brush! :thumbup:

Poppy girl Jan 25th 2011 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Maggs (Post 9127502)
P.S. I love Basil Brush! :thumbup:

I still have a stuffed original toy of Basil back in the UK :)

Jaxbar Jan 31st 2011 2:11 am

I think I'm ready! filled the form in and just need to get the photos done. I have been putting this off for so long. I have been concerned that timelines would conflict with travel plans.

I am due to be away doing training in California for 2 weeks at the end of July, does this sound like a safe bet along with current processing times?

TracyTN Jan 31st 2011 1:43 pm

Thought I should mention - hubby received his US passport on Friday. It only took about a week and a half after he applied so they're really moving fast right now.

Poppy girl Jan 31st 2011 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 9140544)
I think I'm ready! filled the form in and just need to get the photos done. I have been putting this off for so long. I have been concerned that timelines would conflict with travel plans.

I am due to be away doing training in California for 2 weeks at the end of July, does this sound like a safe bet along with current processing times?

Oh yes it sounds about the right time frame with a bit of luck you will be done and dusted by then :D

jaxslad Jan 31st 2011 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 9140544)

16/20 wks looks about the norm from start to finish, so june-ish you should be done if there's no hipcups on your application.:fingerscrossed:

Poppy girl Jan 31st 2011 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad (Post 9141742)
16/20 wks looks about the norm from start to finish, so june-ish you should be done if there's no hipcups on your application.:fingerscrossed:

Many of us have been coming in around the 10 to 12 weeks timeframe ;)

SultanOfSwing Jan 31st 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad (Post 9141742)

Maybe even earlier. I applied in March last year and my oath ceremony was July 6th.

Different offices will have different times, but Chicago seemed pretty typical compared to others who applied at the same time as me.

jaxslad Jan 31st 2011 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9141748)
Many of us have been coming in around the 10 to 12 weeks timeframe ;)

wow 10/12 wks that's fast..i know some places do same day oath (not many) but still
Nice to know where your $680 is going huh ;)

Ive got my Bio in 2 wks...wonder if i could speed things up by showing my Bio letter and getting that done out the way.

Poppy girl Jan 31st 2011 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad (Post 9141768)
wow 10/12 wks that's fast..i know some places do same day oath (not many) but still
Nice to know where your $680 is going huh ;)

Ive got my Bio in 2 wks...wonder if i could speed things up by showing my Bio letter and getting that done out the way.

Not really sure what you mean!! :)

jaxslad Jan 31st 2011 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9141790)
[/B]

Not really sure what you mean!! :)

Bio= Fingerprint...walkin

Poppy girl Jan 31st 2011 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad (Post 9141798)
Bio= Fingerprint...walkin

Durr I know that silly lol

I am not getting showing what bio letter at the bio interview its a contradiction!!

ian-mstm Jan 31st 2011 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jaxslad (Post 9141768)

Yes - once you have your biometrics letter and a scheduled appointment, many places will do biometrics for you as a walk-in ahead of your scheduled appointment.

PG - this is what he's on about!

Ian

Poppy girl Jan 31st 2011 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 9141929)
Yes - once you have your biometrics letter and a scheduled appointment, many places will do biometrics for you as a walk-in ahead of your scheduled appointment.

Ian

Arrrrr OK gottcha I kept reading it over and over and could not make sense of it.

Thanks ;)

jaxslad Jan 31st 2011 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 9141929)

Ian

Thanks Ian LMAO...

Yep ive got a letter for fingerprints to be taken...i was wondering if i could do a walk-in & ask if i could do this Fingerprint stuff now, cas ive on the same day a dentist appointment.

Ok well ive time tomoz, so ill take my letter and see what happens:fingerscrossed:
It may or may not speed my N-400 up but least ive got that out the way.

Soz poppy....should have said it better..;)