Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
What will you do if the Oath Ceremony is the same day!

But Congrats on the date
I don't think they're on the same day...but what if the ceremony is when she's in the UK?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:43 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think they're on the same day...but what if the ceremony is when she's in the UK?
Many are thats why I asked it might be just her darn luck hey!

Or as you say whilst in the UK!.....I think the interviewing officer will accommodate if she requests its after her return!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Many are thats why I asked it might be just her darn luck hey!

Or as you say whilst in the UK!.....I think the interviewing officer will accommodate if she requests its after her return!
me too!

charleygirl, at the end of your interview, when the officer tells you she's recommending you for approval, you can make a request for your oath date *before* it gets scheduled. Just let her know you've got travel planned and try to find out when the first date is after your scheduled return.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for the advice i will tell them, it says allow 2 hours thats all.
Was little worried there when i read Poppys post.
Thanks I was hoping to get it before I leave..... because after 8 weeks in the UK I would no doubt forget all I have learnt.......
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Oh thanks for the advice i will tell them, it says allow 2 hours thats all.
Was little worried there when i read Poppys post.
Thanks I was hoping to get it before I leave..... because after 8 weeks in the UK I would no doubt forget all I have learnt.......
What do you mean 'hoping to get it before I leave'?

Once you have your interview, the questions are over (don't have to remember any of it )
After your interview, you have to take the oath; that's when you become a US citizen.
Once you are a US citizen, you MUST travel in/out of the US with a US passport only.

The way I read your last post, you are hoping to have your oath ceremony before you leave, that evening at 6pm. You would not be able to get a US passport that quickly, which means that you would have a problem with your travel.
If you know you are leaving for 8 weeks, IMO you should speak to the officer who interviews you and ask her to set your interview date for after your known return.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default N-400 interview tomorrow!!

Well my N-400 interview has finally come around and I'll be heading to the Garden City, NY office tomorrow morning... my wife tested me on the civics questions last night and I couldn't remember the rights given by the declaration of independence... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... gotta remember that!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:15 pm

Default Re: N-400 interview tomorrow!!

You'll do great, Peter.. best wishes!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:16 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Well my N-400 interview has finally come around and I'll be heading to the Garden City, NY office tomorrow morning... my wife tested me on the civics questions last night and I couldn't remember the rights given by the declaration of independence... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... gotta remember that!!!!
Don't worry they don't ask you the easy ones like that.

Good luck Peter all the best.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:49 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Peter! Can't wait to hear how it went.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Peter.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 27th 2010, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
What do you mean 'hoping to get it before I leave'?

Once you have your interview, the questions are over (don't have to remember any of it )
After your interview, you have to take the oath; that's when you become a US citizen.
Once you are a US citizen, you MUST travel in/out of the US with a US passport only.

The way I read your last post, you are hoping to have your oath ceremony before you leave, that evening at 6pm. You would not be able to get a US passport that quickly, which means that you would have a problem with your travel.
If you know you are leaving for 8 weeks, IMO you should speak to the officer who interviews you and ask her to set your interview date for after your known return.
Oh sorry no I meant I was hoping to get my interview date before I leave for 8 weeks... I have been learning the answers and if I had to wait til I come back from the UK I may have forgotten them with all the lager and partying I am going to be doing, sorry for the confusion.....
Old Aug 27th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck Peter...........
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

ksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really niceksfreeman is just really nice

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Got my interview date, Sept 22nd, the day i leave for the UK, my appointment is at 11 a.m, will have time though as i have an flight at 6 that night from Boston...... that'll be 10 weeks from beginning to that date.
Good for you! I had my FP the same day as you and don't have an interview appointment yet. My case still shows untouched since 07/22, but I know the website is often behind. I was really hoping to have a date by now.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I read on the site that my local office had been notified to send an interview date that was about 4 days before I got the letter on Monday this week. Hope you get it soon,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.