Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Wikiposts

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old May 20th 2010, 4:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

congrats again, Poppy! And thanks for the reminder; sent you your karma you little begger you.
Old May 20th 2010, 4:52 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

So down the road.

British passport and American.. which one do I use to book a flight to the UK with ie the passport number.
Old May 20th 2010, 4:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So down the road.

British passport and American.. which one do I use to book a flight to the UK with ie the passport number.
The Brit one ....if you are staying for a long while ..otherwise its no matter
Old May 20th 2010, 5:12 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The Brit one ....if you are staying for a long while ..otherwise its no matter
But when I fly back to the US I use the American to re-enter or the UK one because they will think I am a Brit returning not a naturalized American as I will be at that time.
Old May 20th 2010, 5:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

US one for visits, UK one when you need to go back & claim bennies.
Old May 20th 2010, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
US one for visits, UK one when you need to go back & claim bennies.
Old May 20th 2010, 5:15 am

You will *always* use the US passport to enter the US. Always. Forever.

You are also supposed to 'depart' on your US passport, but we don't have passport control on exit. You DO have to give it to the airline however.
So, for visits, use the US all the way. For a long term stay in the UK or a need for benefits, use the UK one.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:29 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

I have my NOA but when i go to check status it says there is no record.. How long did it take you guys before you could check on line
Old May 20th 2010, 7:41 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Just popped in to say I'm already gathering stuff for hubby's N 400 which I can send in August. I want to have it all ready to go because the British bun in the oven will disrupt things around early July...!

I'm so excited to get going on this.
Old May 20th 2010, 7:51 am

But when I fly back to the US I use the American to re-enter or the UK one because they will think I am a Brit returning not a naturalized American as I will be at that time.
Explained more thoroughly here; http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8577289
and in the wiki.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by candy wy.
I have my NOA but when i go to check status it says there is no record.. How long did it take you guys before you could check on line
Before the NOA arrived in my case.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:30 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Before the NOA arrived in my case.
how did you do that where did you get your number from to put in?
Old May 20th 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by candy wy.
how did you do that where did you get your number from to put in?
Sorry I should of put after the acceptance NOA then you can view it online.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So down the road.

Use your American PP to leave and enter the US. There is no immigration control leaving the US but it could confuse the airline when you return if you don't...they have to forward the passenger list to the US authorities and as a USC you must enter the US using your US PP.

I leave the US using my US PP. I enter the UK using my UK PP...I could use my US PP but I don't like the IO's asking me why I am visiting my homeland. When I leave the UK I use my US PP for the same reasons stated above...I am an USC returning to the US and therefore I must enter the US using my US PP.
Old May 20th 2010, 10:13 am
staying around

Sorry I should of put after the acceptance NOA then you can view it online.
well they have lost mine already.. I cant check mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.