My K-1 Success Story!

Old Sep 27th 2001, 5:08 am
Nicole

Timeline:

February 2/01: I-129F Filed with TSC May 25/01: Approved petition Interview and K-1
approval: September 25/01

Talk about a nerve wracking 8 months! Which I am sure y'all know exactly what I am
talking about....

I flew to Vancouver on the morning of the 25th, and took an airport shuttle to
downtown Vancouver for 18$ round trip. I was dropped off at the Renasiance Hotel
(Spelled that one wrong, but you get the idea). The Consulate was right across the
street, and there was a Starbucks right next to it!

My appointment was at 2PM, I arrived at 115PM. I went directly to the 20th floor, and
gave the security guard my appointment letter, and they searched my bags thoroughly.
They were VERY nice, and VERY pleasant and put me at ease. I went to a waiting room.
There were 3 other girls there, and we ALL got approved.

I got called up to a window, handed in the appropriate forms, paid my 45$ US (cash
only!), then waited for my interview. Me and another girl were called up to another
window at the same time, were told to raise our right hands, took our oath, and THAT
WAS IT!!!! NO questions whatsoever. We were approved and issued our visa about 40
minutes later. There were group hugs galore that day, and we all left the embassy
happier than you can imagine...

My wedding date is set for December 1, 2001. It has been worth the struggle, and the
wait. Good luck to everyone else that is going through this ordeal....*hugs*

Nicole