My CR-1 timeline

Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My CR-1 timeline

Originally Posted by civilservant
You know you can't fly direct from the UK, right?

You will have to fly to a 3rd country on the approved list, quarantine for 14 days, THEN fly to the US. Unless something has changed recently.
As I understand it, as a spouse of a US citizen travelling with a IR-1 visa I am exempt from the Presidential Proclamations that ban non citizens from entry. Am I misunderstanding something?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

A quick update with my travel experience...

I flew from Heathrow to Chicago in Saturday October 10th, with United. Scheduled departure was 1340, so I arrived Arpit 1030, to make sure I had plenty of time. The T2 railway station was eerily quiet, as was the route to the terminal building. I got to the check in area, where I was asked for my visa, I was also asked for my marriage certificate and a copy of my husband's passport - which luckily I had handy. The docs were taken over to the check-in supervisor who checked my visa and saw that I was exempt from the various presidential proclamations banning entry to non-USCs. I was thus allowed to continue checking in, and sent on my way - whole process took around 20 minutes or so. Security was a breeze with virtually no wait, I was then left to roam a virtually abandoned airside area. Grabbed lunch from Leon, then headed to my gate around an hour before departure. Boarding was done from back to front, and took almost no time - I don't think there were more than 30 people on the entire aircraft (a 787).

The flight itself was uneventful, food was served soon after takeoff, and snacks and drinks about an hour before landing. I mostly slept in between.

Arrival in Chicago was another mostly deserted terminal. The automated customs machines wouldn't scan my visa so I was asked to fill in an old-school paper form, then it was the moment of truth - I was directed to a desk, handed my passport over and the friendly agent had me scan my fingerprints and pose for the obligatory picture, he then walked me over to a dedicated immigrant visa desk. I took a seat, and within about 3 minutes my visa was stamped and I was in. My bags were already doing laps on the carousel so with that I was a legit LPR.

As many have said beforee the entry process was kind of an anti-climax, but it was a great relief to finally get here. I was not instructed to self-quarantine as I expected, just handed a leaflet telling me to monitor my health for 2 weeks.

Now I'm just waiting for the rest of my stuff to clear customs and turn up on the doorstep!

Thank you once again to everybody who has provided help and advice, and tolerated my silly questions!
Old Oct 13th 2020, 7:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the ease of your entry and your new status. Count down starts now for naturalization. Only 3 years to go if you remain married.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:58 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations on the ease of your entry and your new status. Count down starts now for naturalization. Only 3 years to go if you remain married.
Agreed. I might add “and residing together.” Once had a consultation where natz applicant bent out of shape because of denial based upon separation.