My CR-1 timeline

Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Default My CR-1 timeline

Finally got the ball rolling on my CR-1 journey!

June 10th 2018 - got married in Missouri
August 3rd 2018 - I-130 package mailed to Chicago PO Box

I guess now my husband and I play the waiting game for 6 months or so. Hopefully we included everything we needed to with the I-130, so as to avoid unnecessarily holding things up.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My CR-1 timeline

Welcome to the journey!

Rene
Old Aug 7th 2018, 3:07 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations,

The best advice I was given on this forum was to get to know the next stages of the process, the NVC website is a good source of information. Once at NVC the process starts to move quickly.

Take this time to get the next set of paperwork together and to get vaccinations up to date.

Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, both of you. I've been reading up on the next steps. Seems scary but I'm sure we'll manage.

Regarding the vaccinations, how recent do they have to be to get past the docs at Knightsbridge? I don't want to get it done too early and find out they've 'expired'.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There's no time frame on the vaccinations. Childhood ones will count.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:22 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I got my vaccination record from my surgery and then got the ones I was missing while I was waiting for my I-130 approval.

If your medical is going to be between October and Feb/March you will need to get a flu jab.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ah cool - thanks - I'll make an appointment sometime soon. I qualify for free flu jabs through work so that's taken care of at least.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Given2Fly
Ah cool - thanks - I'll make an appointment sometime soon. I qualify for free flu jabs through work so that's taken care of at least.
Make sure you get a certificate or proof and get your GP to add it to your vaccination records so all your vaccinations are on one sheet for the medical.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:02 am
Go Braves!

Being an old git, I had most of mine on one page, however some of mine dated back to the late sixties and early seventies so were photocopies of the original vaccination forms, the nurse had no problem with that at the medical.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully I only need the flu jab Not really a fan of needles lol
Old Aug 12th 2018, 3:34 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Adults going through the London embassy only need to have Tdap, MMR (and flu shot if it's flu season at the time you immigrate). Varicella (chicken pox) is not routinely available in the U.K. and if you've had chicken pox already then you're fine. I was able to get all of mine from the GP at no cost to me. I was born before MMR was routinely given so I hadn't had that although I had had the Rubella vaccine. Depending on your age, you may have had that already anyway.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

That's good to know Twinkle0927, thanks.

Sigh. I-130 was returned by USCIS yesterday, apparently because the I-130a is missing my signature (I'm in UK right now, instructions explicitly say I don't need to sign). I suspect my actual mistake is putting the form completion date in the signature date box - I forgot the golden rule of only answering each question as asked I guess.

August 13th 2018 - I-130 package returned by USCIS
Old Aug 14th 2018, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Turns out the I-130 is the reason for rejection - he didn't sign it... Oh well. Back in the mail to Chicago. Fingers crossed there'll be no more silly delays.

August 14th 2018 - amended I-130 package mailed to Chicago
Old Aug 19th 2018, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Given2Fly
Turns out the I-130 is the reason for rejection - he didn't sign it... Oh well. Back in the mail to Chicago. Fingers crossed there'll be no more silly delays.

August 14th 2018 - amended I-130 package mailed to Chicago
Hello, quick question, did you ever get an email with your case number? Or was the package sent back beforehand? Trying to figure out if the email where they assign your case number and tell you that you should be getting I-797 in the mail soon is acknowledgement that your paperwork is in order.

Thanks and good luck on your journey! I'm just starting out too. Guessing we'll be on similar timelines.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Muna_93
Hello, quick question, did you ever get an email with your case number? Or was the package sent back beforehand? Trying to figure out if the email where they assign your case number and tell you that you should be getting I-797 in the mail soon is acknowledgement that your paperwork is in order.

Thanks and good luck on your journey! I'm just starting out too. Guessing we'll be on similar timelines.
Hi, no we didn't get an email - the package just turned up in the mail. I suspect they just do a very basic check when they receive it - count the number of pages, check for a signature etc. Fingers crossed it gets accepted this time and we can actually get moving.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.