MSC/NBC... paused?

Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

bionut will become famous soon enoughbionut will become famous soon enough
Default MSC/NBC... paused?

Hi,
I just thought I would repost a comment made earlier in the NG.
Has anyone else noticed the pregnant pause in approvals from MSC/NBC as of late. Last week approvals were coming right, left and center (from 8/8 to 8/29 and 9/2) but this week... only one from 8/16. I am asking because my NOA 1 (K3) is 8/25 and narry an approval in sight

I guess I will simply keep waiting.

bionut

ps- a shot in the dark here but does anyone else think it is strange that we are paying (by paying our taxes) the salaries of the INS/FBI etc. and we can't even call the services center's any more to check on how they are doing... I want my money back
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MSC/NBC... paused?

Originally posted by bionut
Hi,
I just thought I would repost a comment made earlier in the NG.
Has anyone else noticed the pregnant pause in approvals from MSC/NBC as of late. Last week approvals were coming right, left and center (from 8/8 to 8/29 and 9/2) but this week... only one from 8/16. I am asking because my NOA 1 (K3) is 8/25 and narry an approval in sight

I guess I will simply keep waiting.

bionut

ps- a shot in the dark here but does anyone else think it is strange that we are paying (by paying our taxes) the salaries of the INS/FBI etc. and we can't even call the services center's any more to check on how they are doing... I want my money back
If everyone waiting on a Visa called the Service Center's asking for status, all the people working there would do is talk on the phone all day and not process any Visas. It sucks how little status they put out, but I'd rather not bother them. I would like to spend some of that money on putting in a better online status update and status tracking system.

About the pause. NBC processed 5000 K-3 Visas last year. And that was the first full year they were available. They will most likely do more than that this year. THere are about 150 entries on the mediabrew timeline starting back in 2002. The number of entries on those timelines are probably 1% or so of the applications. So, it's not a good representation of how many they are processing on any given day. It just gives an indication of where they are at in the backlog.

Personally I think they have moved people back to processing K-3's to try and work through the back log. It wouldn't suprise me to see them get back down to a one month back log like they were in July.

Michael
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MSC/NBC... paused?

I have to agree with you that I would rather have them working on applications than giivng status reports on the phone. The timelines are the tip of the iceberg of applications (if only more people posted their timelines!) but they do show an interesting trend. On one site I counted 32 NOA1s in July, 21 in August, 25 in September and only 18 in October. If this data is a representative sample of the whole, it would appear that the number of K-3 applications has declined and this may allow the NBC to catch up. Of course I am speculating but it gives me a thin reed of hope to cling to!

Originally posted by glasgowm
If everyone waiting on a Visa called the Service Center's asking for status, all the people working there would do is talk on the phone all day and not process any Visas. It sucks how little status they put out, but I'd rather not bother them. I would like to spend some of that money on putting in a better online status update and status tracking system.

About the pause. NBC processed 5000 K-3 Visas last year. And that was the first full year they were available. They will most likely do more than that this year. THere are about 150 entries on the mediabrew timeline starting back in 2002. The number of entries on those timelines are probably 1% or so of the applications. So, it's not a good representation of how many they are processing on any given day. It just gives an indication of where they are at in the backlog.

Personally I think they have moved people back to processing K-3's to try and work through the back log. It wouldn't suprise me to see them get back down to a one month back log like they were in July.

Michael