MSC K3 Roll Call

Old Feb 21st 2003, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well well well

Originally posted by nat
Our second NOA was approved on 19th Feb!!!

(status online)

I TOLD YOU SOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Nat, I really wish you the best. You'll be so ANXIOUS from now on, you'll see what I mean. My husband and I are so hyped!!

~Claudia
Old Feb 21st 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence of Support

Hi,
My husband completed his medical test today 2/20/03. The physician informed him that the results will be ready on Tuesday. I have a question about evidence of support for the K3.

Are the requirements different for every embassy? I've noticed that a few of you have submitted I-864/I-134. Does it specifically state that this form is needed? The IV assistant, per email said I didn't need the affidative. I am concerned because I don't want my husband travelling from Lebanon to Cyprus for nothing.

Do you think I should send the affidative anyway? His interview is on the 6th and we don't have much time for mailing. Does he have to have a formal appointment? I was emailed his appointment, will they send him one?

I've been corresponding with the IV assistant in Cyprus(where hubby has interview), and before his clearance came through, she "unofficially" sent the checklist below:

AMERICAN EMBASSY
NICOSIA, CYPRUS

Visa instructions for K-3 / K-4 Visa

This office has received a petition entitling you to K-3 or K-4 Visa. To prepare for your interview appointment with a consular officer, please read and follow carefully the instructions below.

K-3 / K-4 CHECK LIST

Obtain the following documents in this checklist, which pertain to you. All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Do NOT send them to this office.

1. PASSPORT A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

2. POLICE CERTIFICATE Each visa applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year. A Police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where you now reside must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer.

3. COURT AND PRISON RECORDS Persons who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and of any prison record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency.

4. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE Married persons are required to present a certified copy of the marriage certificate. Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted from Petitioner and Beneficiary (e.g. death certificate of spouse, final decrees of divorce or annulment).

5. BIRTH CERTIFICATE One certified copy of the birth certificate of each person named in the application is required.

6. MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS Arrange for a medical examination with the physician listed on the attached information sheet. You are responsible for the cost of the examination.

7. EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP You will be asked to submit proof of relationship with the petitioner. It is therefore, useful to bring with you letters, photographs, phone bills, or other evidence of your relationship.

8. TWO PASSPORT PICTURES Two colour photographs with white background on glossy paper are required. No head covering or dark glasses should be worn.

9. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT Evidence which will show that you are not likely to become public charge in the United States.

EMPLOYMENT LETTER
BANK STATEMENTS
ASSETS

10. $100 FEE PER APPLICANT OR LOCAL CURRENCY EQUIVALENT.

Enclosures: – Download the DS Forms below from our website www.americanembassy.org.cy
Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application (to be completed in duplicate)
Form DS-157 Nonimmigrant Visa Application (to be completed for male applicants aged 16 to 45)
Medical instructions

Last edited by pitani; Feb 21st 2003 at 5:33 am.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

gcrobidoux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well well well

Originally posted by nat
Our second NOA was approved on 19th Feb!!!

(status online)
Nat, Congratulations!!!!!! Another one bites the dust !

I noticed that you are so composed on your approval..... I would be jumping for joy. I am so happy for you.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Evidence of Support

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pitani
Hi,
My husband completed his medical test today 2/20/03. The physician informed him that the results will be ready on Tuesday. I have a question about evidence of support for the K3.

Are the requirements different for every embassy? I've noticed that a few of you have submitted I-864/I-134. Does it specifically state that this form is needed?

9. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT Evidence which will show that you are not likely to become public charge in the United States.

Check this site. Doc Steen's Marriage Visa Information :

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 10:52 am
nat
Forum Regular

nat will become famous soon enoughnat will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks

Yes, I checked it online (missed checking on 19th as I was travelling). Really really surprised as I was told it was going to be another 30-60 days only last week. My heart skipped several beats and my husband who is in UK with me at present visiting his family was in the shower at the time. I jumped up immediately to tell him the good news. I am indeed very excited and hopefully it won't be too long now before the package arrives.

I went and checked it again just to make sure I had put in the right number and my heart was skipping again, so for health reasons, I shan't be checking it again! lol

I am so glad we got the paperwork in order and didn't get a RFE.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gcrobidoux
Originally posted by pitani
Hi,

Are the requirements different for every embassy? I've noticed that a few of you have submitted I-864/I-134. Does it specifically state that this form is needed?

Check this site. Doc Steen's Marriage Visa Information :

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Good luck.
This really doesn't say that the K3 applicants need it. I hope this is correct. Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2003, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pitani
This really doesn't say that the K3 applicants need it. I hope this is correct. Thanks
I think you will need to send your spouse Affidavit of support I-864 as a back-up just in case. The site below is about INS To Implement New Law Requiring Financial Liability for Immigrant Sponsors dated Oct. 20, 1997. Here are the direct links from INS about I-864.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/pu...affsupport.htm

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fo...s/i-864pkg.htm

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2003, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

cdcib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MSC K3 Roll Call

Originally posted by Fonzzi
I sent my wife's K-3 visa application 11/05/02 (she is from Mexico)
and received the first NOA on 11/10/02 (dated 11/08/02) and today the
online status finally changed..... this is what it said:

On February 17, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional
evidence....

Now I have to wait and see what evidence they need and then wait some
more for my wife's visa. Too bad it took 102 days to find out
something was missing...or lost. Lets see how long it takes after I
send the aditional evidence before my wife gets her visa.
hi
phonzzi
did u heard neyhing from ins what they r asking for if u have it can u pls let me know what they r asking for after almost 4 months later
thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 7:03 am
Just Joined

bryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

some person on another thread got an approval NOA2 just this week with NOA1 of November 21 or something like that date. This sounds really good because that means that MSC is moving now.

-Bryan
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 7:57 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Bryan if thats true it gives all of us parolees (excuse the spelling) a little more hope. Heres hoping that its true & things move along quicker than the snails pace it has been for the last 7 months or so
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:31 pm
Fonzzi

Default Re: MSC K3 Roll Call

> did u heard neyhing from ins what they r asking for if u have it can u
    > pls let me know what they r asking for after almost 4 months later
    > thanks

This is what the letter I recieved yesterday said:

Please submit a marriage certificate issued by civil authorities for
you and your spouse. (*Note: the marriage certificate must indicate
that after the marriage ceremony, it was registered or recorded by the
county, state, country, or province. Please submit a copy of the
original and English translation, if original is in any language other
than English.)

I called my lawyer and she said she did send a copy of the marriage
certificate and an English translation. I guess it must have been
lost...imagine that!

Oh well, today I am going to take the original letter to my lawyer so
she can send them copies and hopefully get my wife's K3 visa soon.

Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...I just had my husband over to visit for our 1st aniversary...it was wonderful to see him, only our second week together in six months. I am feeling down again right now.
I did get my packet3 3 from the Embassy in London on the 14th February and sent it back as soon as I could!!
Now we wait again..

CONGRATULATIONS to those approved since I last looked at the group and if you are still waiting..hang in there your time will come!!

Julie
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 8:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by julieb
Hi...I just had my husband over to visit for our 1st aniversary...it was wonderful to see him, only our second week together in six months. I am feeling down again right now.
I did get my packet3 3 from the Embassy in London on the 14th February and sent it back as soon as I could!!
Now we wait again..

CONGRATULATIONS to those approved since I last looked at the group and if you are still waiting..hang in there your time will come!!

Julie
Julie, glad yhat you have gotten your packet 3 and hopefully you'll get further news shortly. I am hoping that for my husband's and my third anniversary in June we'll be where your at now. It's been a long haul but everytime we're together it's like a honeymoon. Not bad for a couple of middleaged folks,
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Kerupt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to everyone and CONGRATS !!! Nat and Gadget !!! Its so great to hear good news. Looks like your moving closer in cue Celine =)

*huggs* for Julie =) It must be horrible to see your other half and than be seperated again =(

I just purchased a ticket yesterday to see my Family in Japan !!! $638 USD round trip (Mar 6th- Mar 21st) If you minus the amount of money I would have spent calling them on the phone, I am travelling for mear peanuts !! MY only fear is the pain of having to have my heart broken yet again when it comes to say "good-bye" I have told my wife how hard this will be but her response was a very good one. The last time we saw each-other was through a security door when she was being detained by the INS =( She is constintanly having nightmares of this horrible day. At least this time when we say So-long we will be able to wipe away each others tears.

Smiles, Love and prayers for all !!!
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
Julie, glad yhat you have gotten your packet 3 and hopefully you'll get further news shortly. I am hoping that for my husband's and my third anniversary in June we'll be where your at now. It's been a long haul but everytime we're together it's like a honeymoon. Not bad for a couple of middleaged folks,
Thank you for your reply Cindy, I hope things go smoothly for you and you are with your husband for your anniversary!!
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.