Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Money Order vs. Personal Check (FYI)

Money Order vs. Personal Check (FYI)

Old Sep 27th 2001, 6:38 pm
Martin Palmer

I called the INS today and asked several questions, one of which was whether the use
of a personal check (with the I-129) would slow the approval time or not.. The "rep"
didn't hesitate in saying that a Money Order will be faster then a Personal Check.

Old Sep 27th 2001, 6:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you are talking about a rep from the 1-800 ... you just wasted your time on making the phone call.

FYI we paid by personal check back in 1998 and mailed on 3/23 and approval in hand on 4/1 ... don't think that could be called a delay by any stretch of the imagination.

Rita
Old Sep 27th 2001, 7:31 pm
Steve

Yes they don't know what they're talking about. The checks and MO's are separated
from the applications and sent for processing. They don't know which is paid my check
or which by MO.

They only time it might make a dif, is if you are filing in person and that
particular office ONLY accepted MO's .

>
whether
    >
or
    >
faster
    >