Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Middle East Job Offer Dilemma

Middle East Job Offer Dilemma

Old May 5th 2006, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

deaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Middle East Job Offer Dilemma

I am currently living and working in the UK and am a UK citizen. Since November 2003 my family have been planning to emmigrate to the USA.
I have a job offer and last month finally got my EB3 labor cert approved.
I am just about to start filing my I-140, but as we all know I cannot file I-485 due to EB3 retrogression.........

So here's the problem

It looks pretty certain that next week I may be offered a two year contract as an video editor for a well known Qatar based TV company (the one that Bush wanted to bomb last year) the salary and package is truly excellent and very very tempting whilst I (and everyone else) waits for a solution to retrogression.
However, A friend said to me that if I go and work for Al Jazeera in Doha, there is absolutley no way that I will get my I-140 and subsequent I-485 approval when my priority date finally becomes current.

What do you think.....Will I be branded a terrorist sympathiser just by working for a middle east tv company and therefore denined permanant USA residence........Or I am just worrying unecessarily?????

I have spent too much time and money on the USA option so far to risk losing it all by taking this job in Doha, but the job in Doha is almost too good to turn down.

This is all doing my head in, please help

Deaks
Old May 5th 2006, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East Job Offer Dilemma

Originally Posted by deaks
Or I am just worrying unecessarily?
If I remember correctly, Doha was used as the US home base during the Iraq/Kuwait thingy a few years ago. I don't think working for AJ will be an issue for you.

Ian