Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marrying an American.... Again

Marrying an American.... Again

Old Apr 30th 2018, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

ScottoTX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying an American.... Again

Also, i had a thought.... If he was moved to Germany and we were married and in the process of sorting out the visa, am I able to live with him if he was off base? As far as i am aware i wont need a visa to live in Germany but i don't know if anything will be different as he is an American soldier?

Forgive me if that was a completely daft question
Old Apr 30th 2018, 3:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that question is beyond the scope of this forum, as it has nothing to do with US immigration.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2018, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottoTX
Also, i had a thought.... If he was moved to Germany and we were married and in the process of sorting out the visa, am I able to live with him if he was off base? As far as i am aware i wont need a visa to live in Germany but i don't know if anything will be different as he is an American soldier?

If you are married, why wouldn't you be able to live with him on foreign soil? You don't need a US Permanent Residency to live in Germany or to live with your husband anywhere but in the US. But then again, is it military housing or private housing that he pays for with his military salary. I know when my husband lived in Germany for 16 years, he lived off base and he had to pay for his housing privately.

BTW he is in the military and many of these questions are based on the rules and regulations of the US military. Your future husband is the one who should be able to give you these answers.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 30th 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Old May 1st 2018, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

It's off topic, and there are better forums to ask it, but yes no reason why not, because as a British citizen, you can for now at least live in Germany without a visa. Assuming once you're married he registers you into the military system, you'll get your own ID etc, and he should be able to get you added to his orders, if the billet allows for it. No doubt there are facebook groups for military spouses in Germany, so I suggest you find one of those.
Old May 1st 2018, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.

Just thought i'd ask while i was here to see if anyone knew rather than make a new thread. Noted for future. Cheers.
Old May 2nd 2018, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

Just thought i'd ask while i was here to see if anyone knew rather than make a new thread. Noted for future. Cheers.
I'm sure you can find a Facebook group for military spouse of Germany or something similar for more specific questions.
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
I'm sure you can find a Facebook group for military spouse of Germany or something similar for more specific questions.
Good idea! Thank you.