Married to Green card - estimated wait time

Wikiposts

Married to Green card - estimated wait time

Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:07 am
Account Closed

jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Married to Green card - estimated wait time

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It depends what your name is, because when you go through security checks, if your name gets a "hit" (which it could, depending on your name), you could be waiting years for security clearance. Just look up posts by Elvira. Her son is stuck in name check/security clearance hell for no good reason. If you think it doesn't happen, think again.
I have absolutely no idea why I posted on this site expecting anything else than homemade 'Rumpole of the Bailey's' posting who have nothing better to do that state the obvious in some attempt to elevate their already pumped up intellectual opinions of themselves.

It was a simple question that has been answered - time for me to leave this forum - what a waste of time.

I suggest if you are a moderator you take a long hard look in the mirror - then go look up moderator in the dictionary - IT IS NO WHERE NEAR TIMEWASTER!!

bye bye
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasonb
I have absolutely no idea why I posted on this site expecting anything else than homemade 'Rumpole of the Bailey's' posting who have nothing better to do that state the obvious in some attempt to elevate their already pumped up intellectual opinions of themselves.

It was a simple question that has been answered - time for me to leave this forum - what a waste of time.

I suggest if you are a moderator you take a long hard look in the mirror - then go look up moderator in the dictionary - IT IS NO WHERE NEAR TIMEWASTER!!

bye bye
Must be a troll..as tempted as I am to get nasty, I won't bring myself to his level.

Don't ya think if you're name happened to Mohammed Atta (sp?) it might take a bit longer for approval?

Apparently your arrogant a$$ doesn't understand the intricacies of the process, or you wouldn't have made the comments you did. Good riddance. Hope it comes back to bite you in the a$$.

Meuxna/Noorah why don't you cancel his membership for being a dip$hit.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone - at least I have learned one new thing today - don't post a simple question on this site.

Every bored armchair immigration expert will answer the same way they seem to answer every other forum post - with a blinding obvious answer!

Wish I could take down the original question now as I'm quite sure all your daft responses have just confused people wanting to look at what I'm sure is a common question in these parts!

The answer to my question is simple - they are currently processing applications for spouses married to a green card holder that arrived in Vermont Jan 06 - then you have to wait for a visa to come up which can take anywhere up to 5 years?

I JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION - EASY WASN'T IT!!!!!
Hi:

Immigration Law can be quite weird -- even to us who professionally live in the field. You question had the APPEARANCE of being "simple" -- but it happens to be one incapable of a "simple" answer.

This is not to say your question was unreasonable -- it is the most reasonable question on the planet and one that is usually, if not always asked. However, again, just because the question is reasonable does not mean it is capable of a simple answer.

To simplify the answer as much as possible. VSC is currently adjudicating visa petitions filed in January 2006. "FB-2A" visas are currently being issued to those beneficiaries with priority dates BEFORE December 15, 2002. Under the rubric of "your mileage may vary" -- you really cannot extrapolate anything further from that information to answer your question other than "it will be years."

Back in 1962, the 9th Circuit Court appeals made a famous note in a case called Low v. INS that "We enter the never never land of the Immigration & Nationality Act where plain words do not always mean what they say." [Although that phrase gets cited a lot, the law has actually moved away from John Barrie's Peter Pan over to Lewis Carroll's Humpty Dumpty -- the law means what I mean it says, nothing more, nothing less. But I digress]. In another famous case, one of decisions in the saga of one Tim Lok in the 2nd Circuit, Judge Kaufman likened the Immigration & Nationality Act to the labryninth of King Minos -- and along with the tax laws an example of Congressional ingenuity in speeding the aging process of Federal Judges.

Good luck.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Oct 25th 2007 at 9:35 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:43 am
Account Closed

jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt give the armchair attorneys the pleasure of cancelling my membership you pompous idiot.

Your comment about sums up the rest of your posts - go find a life.

Idiot
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No, of course it's not a simple question - then you wouldnt be able to complicate it would you!

Jesus Christ - depends what you're name is etc etc - are you absolutely mental? How the hell does it depend on what your name is!!! Stop it please - I'm laughing too hard Mr Expert!!!
simple really, if your name is similar to someone else, it'll get hits on the background check, they then have to verify each one isn't you....if your name is a one off there wouldn't be any hits....quite a simple thought that, but hey, if you want to make an arse of yourself, then fine, I don't really give a shit.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:50 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt give the armchair attorneys the pleasure of cancelling my membership you pompous idiot.

Your comment about sums up the rest of your posts - go find a life.

Idiot

And who might you be talking to?

Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I wish he'd come back so we could point out all the other errors in his posts.
Like the first one (he hasn't applied for a Green Card).
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

And who might you be talking to?

He seems to be rattling his disgusting gob off at everyone except the pros.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I am fully aware that it is quicker via a citizen - but, and I know some Americans will find this hard to believe, not everyone wants to become an American! Not that I dont love the place, but Im British, simple. I hope to go back to Britain in a few years and don't want to complicate things if I don't have to.

If my wife has to become a USC to make things easier then so be it - I was just confirming how long it would take to go the other route.
Hi:

The above is a fair statement. I sometimes mention to various immigration officers that they should not assume that everyone wants to live here [although that concept is somewhat inherent in the structure of the Immigration & Nationality Act].

If you are not aware of it, you might want to note that the UK is a country that allows for dual nationality even if you take the US oath which purportedly renounces your allegiance to the Crown. [I note you are British, I don't recall seeing if your wife is British also]. I've known several dual US/UK nationals and they have no problems other than filing extra tax returns.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:20 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

bye bye
You keep saying that, and yet you keep posting again and again.

You're either a glutton for punishment or a troll. I vote for the latter.

If you're the former, have fun for the next 5+ years finding answers to "simple" questions without our help.

~ Jenney
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:30 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

bye bye
Actually, that should be "Rumpoles of the Bailey": anyone with a pumped up intellectual opinion of themself should understand that...
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:28 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

The first part of your response is the answer to my question - thank you

The second part sums up the rest of the posters - armchair attorneys - get a life.

I asked a very simple question that I knew many others would probably like an answer to - what I didn't ask for was a load of old codgers sitting around bored coming up with comments like - 'what do you mean', 'become a USC', 'you get better benefits by becoming a citizen'

Jesus Christ - BritishExpats.com - what a load of old bored farts

The original question has been answered and I hope people view it and find it of use - as for 'senior members' - I can only imagine you get to be one of those by being bored shitless at home and posting numerous useless comments.

Good day and I am enjoying my stay in America.
You have emailed and asked to have your account deleted which I will do asap. The people on this forum have been nothing but helpful to you and instead of being thankful you have decided to hurl insults around which is uncalled for and quite frankly rude! You clearly have not even browsed the site rules.

Thread closed.