Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:28 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, if you progress with immigration, you'll be subject to multiple security checks, many times along the way. This can include FBI, CIA, Interpol, name check, background check, among many others. Actually Ray posted an extensive list on here just the other day, hmmm..wonder if I can find that.

Rene
I'll just add that in addition to any background checks and police records, the applicant takes an oath to be completely truthful to the US government, be it on an application form or in an interview. In other words, just because the assault case was dropped doesn't mean that the OP doesn't have to disclose the arrest.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Curious - what makes you think that these things are an advantage/benefit to you in the eyes of USCIS?

[QUOTE=BigTroubleinLittleChina
Some things that may benefit us are,

My fiance is an upstanding citizen, wealthy and highly educated

I'm highly skilled, highly employable and carry a degree.

Even in my overstaying status, I belong to a political group and participate in social affairs.

I'm also a member of the church and volunteer for various charities.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janadeen
Curious - what makes you think that these things are an advantage/benefit to you in the eyes of USCIS?
An acquaintance went on a similar route to the one I wish to take.
His explanation of experience, was they were interested in their community activities, his wives financial standing and his general presence in America.

I.e: Is he at all a benefit to the Country, Skilled, Speaky the Engrish?

I don't have the the gift of precognition, so I can't foresee what questions may arise. I'm willing to answer them all without a moments hesitation, but in all fairness, my honesty may work against us.

Given most people placed in such position where by they can judge the outcome of a persons life, I'm supposing it's down to the day.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here it is, Post #15 in this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...security+check
Thank you again.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I'll just add that in addition to any background checks and police records, the applicant takes an oath to be completely truthful to the US government, be it on an application form or in an interview. In other words, just because the assault case was dropped doesn't mean that the OP doesn't have to disclose the arrest.

~ Jenney
Presidents take oaths, then break them.
Everything in moderation.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Sep 28th 2006 at 2:30 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Don't forget to see an accountant about filing your back taxes.
Another good point.

That's all I wanted, some good information,
not to berated by a group of supposed
law abiding citizens who do everything by the book.

That book after all, isn't so righteous.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:44 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
Presidents take oaths, then break them.
Everything in moderation.
Oh, well I guess that makes it ok, then.

Then maybe you should stop announcing your plans to lie to immigration officials on a public newsgroup that they're known to read from time to time...

That book after all, isn't so righteous.
Hey, you don't have to convince us that you don't have a problem breaking the law. Your history does that all by itself.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Oh, well I guess that makes it ok, then.

Then maybe you should stop announcing your plans to lie to immigration officials on a public newsgroup that they're known to read from time to time...

Hey, you don't have to convince us that you don't have a problem breaking the law. Your history does that all by itself.

~ Jenney
Jenney, it appears to like to talk a lot, adding your two cents in where it's not wanted.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

This may or may not be true but ... you *DID* put a very important, private and huge chunk of your life out & up on a public board - an open forum, for people practically all over the world to see and then, asked for suggestions and in my opinion, commentary.

You might not like the comments you get but you can't expect all of them to be wrapped up in a neat & tidy box with a bow on top; or that they'll be pleasingly plump to you or not without disapproval even.

Jenney, it appears to like to talk a lot, adding your two cents in where it's not wanted.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need a really really great Emigration attorney, a good accountant plus maybe start praying alot, think your going to need them all.
Good luck Frank R.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janadeen
This may or may not be true but ... you *DID* put a very important, private and huge chunk of your life out & up on a public board - an open forum, for people practically all over the world to see and then, asked for suggestions and in my opinion, commentary.

You might not like the comments you get but you can't expect all of them to be wrapped up in a neat & tidy box with a bow on top; or that they'll be pleasingly plump to you or not without disapproval even.
I've been participating in online forums for many years, i'm perfectly aware of the nature of what I posted and that it may or may not be met with friendly compassion. After all, this is a world of conflicting opinions.

That doesn't imply I have to tolerate it.

Simply put:

I couldn't have easily gone home for fear of being wrongfully prosecuted for a crime I couldn't necessarily prove I didn't commit. That much was evident from an early stage.

I settled down, put the past behind me and put the pieces back together, even through my supposed lawlessness it wasn't exactly easy, but it's not easy to break my spirit either, regardless of boundaries, laws and the problems arising from over staying.

And in that I'm evidently a bi-product of a flawed judicial system as these choices came about from the errors of others, not my own.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Sep 28th 2006 at 4:13 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frrussre
Sounds like you need a really really great Emigration attorney, a good accountant plus maybe start praying alot, think your going to need them all.
Good luck Frank R.
I'll be looking for one as early as next week.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:32 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be looking for one as early as next week.

Cheers.
Please post the outcome.

Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:23 pm
Verna via ImmigrationKB.com

Its people like you that give the British a bad name and a hard time... Get
a grip on your life.. Face up to the facts that you broke every law in the
book.

BigTroubleinLittleChina wrote:
    >> Curious - what makes you think that these things are an
    >> advantage/benefit to you in the eyes of USCIS?
    >[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
    >> I'm also a member of the church and volunteer for various
    >> charities.[/QUOTE]
    >An acquaintance went on a similar route to the one I wish to take.
    >His explanation of experience, was they were interested in their
    >community activities, his wives financial standing and his general
    >presence in America.
    >I.e: Is he at all a benefit to the Country, Skilled, Speaky the Engrish?
    >I don't have the the gift of precognition, so I can't foresee what
    >questions may arise. I'm willing to answer them all without a moments
    >hesitation, but in all fairness, my honesty may work against us.
    >Given most people placed in such position where by they can judge the
    >outcome of a persons life, I'm supposing it's down to the day.

--
Message posted via ImmigrationKB.com
http://www.immigrationkb.com/Uwe/For...riage/200609/1

Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:36 pm
Martijn

> I couldn't have easily gone home for fear of being wrongfully prosecuted
    > for a crime I couldn't necessarily prove I didn't commit. That much was
    > evident from an early stage.
    > I settled down, put the past behind me and put the pieces back together,
    > even through my supposed lawlessness it wasn't exactly easy, but it's
    > not easy to break my spirit either, regardless of boundaries, laws and
    > the problems arising from over staying.
    > And in that I'm evidently a bi-product of a flawed judicial system as
    > these choices came about from the errors of others, not my own.

Ah, none of this is your fault. Poor you. Mandela and Robben Island
pale in comparison.

Oh the humanity!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.