Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:15 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
If there is no way feasible solution to my problem, then I won't seek to resolve it.

The UK is a beautiful country!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:21 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be as honest and forthcoming with my lawyer as I have with you here today. I'm not making excuses nor stories.

I agree partially with your assessment that I have been dishonest and undermined the laws here. I felt at risk of losing the person that matters the most and in some scenario's people will undergo extraordinary risks to keep what they want.

Our lives here are quite ordinary, given the circumstances.
If there is no way feasible solution to my problem, then I won't seek to resolve it.

There is a also a huge difference of opinion as to what people consider Immoral and unjust in this life, friend.
You knew the answer to your questions. The only help you needed was to be reassured an attorney is needed. Good luck, most problems have a solution sadly the solution can sometimes be worse than the problem.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elvira
The UK is a beautiful country!
And that Beauty is only on the outside unfortunately.
When you take a closer look and evaluate the political ramifications of everyday life there, It's quite bleak.

It has a failed social, educational and political system.
If I had to return, either Holland, Switzerland or Germany would be my first choice.

Never the less, I plan to stay here.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kate2112
You knew the answer to your questions. The only help you needed was to be reassured an attorney is needed. Good luck, most problems have a solution sadly the solution can sometimes be worse than the problem.
I didn't find the answers to any of the specific questions I asked.
Merely that in an ironic way I already knew what you might say.

One can but hope. Especially when looking for peace of mind.

I shall not find that here today it seems.

But I thank you all the same.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

And that Beauty is only on the outside unfortunately.
When you take a closer look and evaluate the political ramifications of everyday life there, It's quite bleak.

It has a failed social, educational and political system.
If I had to return, either Holland, Switzerland or Germany would be my first choice.

Never the less, I plan to stay here.

Goodness me, you are a political scientist to boot!!

Is there no end to your talents?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a also a huge difference of opinion as to what people consider Immoral and unjust in this life, friend.
It's true that people can have a difference of opinions in these matters. But you'll be dealing with USCIS and immigration law, not "people".

Just be honest and straighforward with your attorney, don't hide anything. He can't do his job if he doesn't know all the facts. And please do post back with results, if you can. I do hope all goes well and you get to stay in the USA with your soon-to-be wife.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's true that people can have a difference of opinions in these matters. But you'll be dealing with USCIS and immigration law, not "people".

Just be honest and straighforward with your attorney, don't hide anything. He can't do his job if he doesn't know all the facts. And please do post back with results, if you can. I do hope all goes well and you get to stay in the USA with your soon-to-be wife.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks for the suggestion Rene, I appreciate it very much.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Goodness me, you are a political scientist to boot!!

Is there no end to your talents?

I don't wish to be confrontational with you.
It doesn't solve anything.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My passport will expire in 2 years and is very worn out. Can I keep this one for proof of entry?
And apply for a new one just for Identification purposes?
Reading back through your original post, this was the only question I could find that you specifically asked. As far as I know, you can keep the one you've got, yes, you will need it. I don't know how far in advance you are allowed to apply for a new one, and I also don't know if you will be given your old one back once you get issued a new one. USA does give the old one back, I don't know about the UK. Maybe someone on here knows, or you can ask the UK consulate in the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

I do have one last question.

What kind of background checks would be performed through the UK.

According to a friend, the warrant given the case was closed and charges dropped, may have become obsolete.

Although jumping bail might still haunt me.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:35 am
Homebody

Reading back through your original post, this was the only question I could find that you specifically asked. As far as I know, you can keep the one you've got, yes, you will need it. I don't know how far in advance you are allowed to apply for a new one, and I also don't know if you will be given your old one back once you get issued a new one. USA does give the old one back, I don't know about the UK. Maybe someone on here knows, or you can ask the UK consulate in the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene

UK Consulate in DC will return old passports - they just clip off one corner.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

UK Consulate in DC will return old passports - they just clip off one corner.
You would have to state your intentions I imagine?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:43 am

I do have one last question.

What kind of background checks would be performed through the UK.

According to a friend, the warrant given the case was closed and charges dropped, may have become obsolete.

Although jumping bail might still haunt me.
Yes, if you progress with immigration, you'll be subject to multiple security checks, many times along the way. This can include FBI, CIA, Interpol, name check, background check, among many others. Actually Ray posted an extensive list on here just the other day, hmmm..wonder if I can find that.

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:45 am

Yes, if you progress with immigration, you'll be subject to multiple security checks, many times along the way. This can include FBI, CIA, Interpol, name check, background check, among many others. Actually Ray posted an extensive list on here just the other day, hmmm..wonder if I can find that.

Rene
Here it is, Post #15 in this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...security+check
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to see an accountant about filing your back taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.