Marriage Interviews

Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Kabrav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage Interviews

really appreciate all your replies and advice
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:17 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
For the OP:

It is not a Marriage Interview but an interview for the adjustment of status. Unless you were in one of the states, such as Kentucky, that automatically does a type of Stokes interview (interview husband and wife separately in different rooms), then the questions will be straightforward.

They are interested in verifying the validity of your marriage and this is normally done with simple questions, i.e. how you met, where you work, etc. If you have the documentation to show that you have financially and physically commingled your assets and yourselves, then you are usually good to go.

I recall vividly that at our interview 13 years old, we were asked for a particular document and I had it in a file in a redweld and I was going through the redweld to get it when hubby reached over and said he would look and I snapped at him "No, I know where it is. I'll get it" when the interviewer laughed and said "Now I know you are married".

It is okay to be nervous that normal but to be fearful and shaking in your boots is not. You'll be fine.
My rules apply in spades for "Stokes" style interviews.

I've seen several interviews where the bickering has demonstrated the validity of the marriage.

If one of the primary pieces of evidence brought to the interview happens to be the child, I have always recommended that dad hold the child. I'm thinking of one case where I wondered about the woman's motivations for the marriage, but it was obvious that AmCit step-dad was really attached to his step-son. I-130 approved.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's odd. Can you guys see this thread?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...09#post7894509

It's post number 8, by Mr. Folinsky.

Rene
Nope -- I get that error message quoted by others. Yep, no problems in posting my rules.