Wikiposts

Marriage on F1?

Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on F1?

Originally Posted by Maste
In part 4, it asks for name of beneficiary's spouse. Which my wife has filled out. After this, it says information about beneficiary's family (provide info about beneficiary's spouse and children). Do we need to enter my wife's details again here?
It's asking for the beneficiary's information, that's you. They want your information, so fill out whatever is relevant. If you have no children, put "none".

Or just leave this section blank, as I have no children and my wife is mentioned in the section before this?
Don't leave anything blank.

Also in part 4, there is a section that says 'type or print beneficiary's foreign address in native language'. Do we just leave this blank, put N/A in those boxes or put my address before I came here on F1?
Seems like you didn't read the whole question. It specifically says "If the beneficiary's native language does not use Roman letters, type or print his or her name and foreign address in their native written language". I bolded the relevant part you missed reading.

My girlfriend's last IRS report thing says she only earned 14,000 as she had only just started her PhD then, so obviously this is August - December. What can she send in addition to her latest tax return to prove she meets the threshold? Because she currently does!
Several current paystubs and a letter from her employer on letterhead stating her salary, whether it's full or part time, and how long she's worked there.

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's asking for the beneficiary's information, that's you. They want your information, so fill out whatever is relevant. If you have no children, put "none".

Don't leave anything blank.
She has filled out my info. She has put none for children. It just asked for the beneficiary's spouse details (name etc) in one part, but then right after that, it says family of beneficiary (spouse and children) so does she put her name etc again?

Also, just put N/A or none in any boxes that don't apply to us, depending on the question asked? I only ask as some boxes get blocked from you when you enter certain stuff, and other boxes won't let me put D/S as it wants a date. I'm using Adobe as USCIS want that, because they use some sort of barcode thing that changes and collects info as you enter it on Adobe. So I worry about writing in pen after printing.

Seems like you didn't read the whole question. It specifically says "If the beneficiary's native language does not use Roman letters, type or print his or her name and foreign address in their native written language". I bolded the relevant part you missed reading.
Ah, so just put N/A in those boxes?

Several current paystubs and a letter from her employer on letterhead stating her salary, whether it's full or part time, and how long she's worked there.

Rene
So a letter from her school confirming her stipend would be good enough? Unsure if she gets paystubs, but I can check.

So sorry. Either grad school is getting to us both, or we are this stupid
Old Feb 21st 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably helpful to quote Ian:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe any meaning to the question beyond that which is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Probably helpful to quote Ian:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe any meaning to the question beyond that which is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.
I get that. It's just hard to tell what they actually want you to do OR what they actually mean sometimes. We aren't trying to alter, just trying to figure out what exactly they want. For example, it doesn't say 'if spouse is shown in the previous part, do not enter again' or 'Enter spouse again, even if entered in previous part' as it does for some of the parts within the forms, which is what makes it confusing/hard to tell what they want.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to respond but feel that you have to remember that the I-130 is not just for marriage based adjustment of status or for marriage based visas where applicable. It is for all immediate relatives who are eligible to be sponsored, i.e. children, parents, husband, wife, and it is used for non-immediate relatives such as brothers, sisters. Therefore, if it appears redundant, it isn't when looked at it in light of what principal use of the form.

Also bear in mind the use of the response "N/A" and "None".

For example, if it asks for names of children, the response is not N/A as it is applicable. The correct answer for you is "None".

It is asking you for your foreign address because you could be here on under the VWP or a B-2 and do have a resident abroad. Thus, the question is pertinent. Since you do not have an apartment abroad or a house that you are living in, the answer would be None (Living in the US since 2017 under F-1 status).

Does this help?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

Two questions regarding I-130

In part 4, it asks for name of beneficiary's spouse. Which my wife has filled out. After this, it says information about beneficiary's family (provide info about beneficiary's spouse and children). Do we need to enter my wife's details again here? Or just leave this section blank, as I have no children and my wife is mentioned in the section before this?

Also in part 4, there is a section that says 'type or print beneficiary's foreign address in native language'. Do we just leave this blank, put N/A in those boxes or put my address before I came here on F1?

My girlfriend's last IRS report thing says she only earned 14,000 as she had only just started her PhD then, so obviously this is August - December. What can she send in addition to her latest tax return to prove she meets the threshold? Because she currently does!

1. Blank
2. Blank
3. As much as possible, Letter from her employer stating how much she earns.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

While leaving blanks for notaclue worked, it is customary that we advise applicants not to leave blanks on an application. If you feel unsure of whether to use N/A or None but put a line through the answer area to indicate that you have read the question.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

We have got everything together, all forms filled etc, bar the affidavit of support. We have her IRS transcript from 2016 which we will include, but are reading that we will probably be asked for her 2017 w-2 and tax forms. Only thing is she hasn't done her taxes yet so yeah, going to be a bit of a wait there unfortunately. She was going to send in some paystubs instead, but I don't think we can?

I'll keep you all in the loop of how we progress once we get it all sent of!
Old Feb 28th 2018, 8:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

She is not required to file the 2017 tax return until April. No need to wait. Go ahead and submit what you have, and bring the 2017 return to the AOS interview. It won't be a problem.

The requirement is to send the most recent tax return. At the moment, that is 2016 for her.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2018, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

She is not required to file the 2017 tax return until April. No need to wait. Go ahead and submit what you have, and bring the 2017 return to the AOS interview. It won't be a problem.

The requirement is to send the most recent tax return. At the moment, that is 2016 for her.

Rene
Ah ok, well her 2016 one has half of her stipend from Aug onward (that's the year she started her PhD), so according to that, she doesn't meet the requirements. But right now, she obviously does. So just send in a copy of the 2016 IRS form and then paystubs for the previous 6 months? And that should suffice?

Also, she shouldn't send in her 2017 w2 at all?

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2018, 10:21 am

Ah ok, well her 2016 one has half of her stipend from Aug onward (that's the year she started her PhD), so according to that, she doesn't meet the requirements. But right now, she obviously does. So just send in a copy of the 2016 IRS form and then paystubs for the previous 6 months? And that should suffice?

Also, she shouldn't send in her 2017 w2 at all?

Thanks
Send a photocopy of the entire 2016 tax return or an official 2016 tax transcript.

To prove current income, send several recent pay stubs and a letter from the employer on letterhead (if she can get this) indicating her salary and that it's full time (if it is). A photocopy of the 2017 W-2 could be useful too.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Send a photocopy of the entire 2016 tax return or an official 2016 tax transcript.

To prove current income, send several recent pay stubs and a letter from the employer on letterhead (if she can get this) indicating her salary and that it's full time (if it is). A photocopy of the 2017 W-2 could be useful too.

Rene
Ok, thank you We are sending in her previous (2016) return and 6 months of pay stubs (instructions request this much) as well as a photocopy of her 2017 W-2.

Package will finally be finished tonight. We will give it all the once over, make sure we haven't missed anything, and tomorrow we shall post it.

The I-765 EAD form 'expired' yesterday, but a new one has not been put up online as of today so we are using the most recent one. Hopefully with todays date it should be accepted
Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:55 am
Concierge

Very often the forms are outdated and it is not a problem. If they are being updated, usually the USCIS gives warning months in advance.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 1:30 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Very often the forms are outdated and it is not a problem. If they are being updated, usually the USCIS gives warning months in advance.
This has been true in the past. As of late, forms are often rapidly changed. Among the bar, there are frequent reports of hairtrigger rejections for use of wrong forms. In fact, this hairtrigger rejections for wrong forms happens even if the correct form is used.

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Package officially posted today. Now the wait begins!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.