Marriage on F1?

Old Apr 4th 2018, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage on F1?

Originally Posted by Rete
I would make a front/back copy being sure that all marks are clearly shown and send it back in. The letter is more likely than not a generic letter. If you can, send for another original certified copy. Also best to have at least two of such documents on hand when dealing with the USCIS.
Okay, thank you. Will photocopy front and back of birth certificate and get it sent in today. This is worrying me now as to what else they have missed/lost.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 8:12 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Turns out my RFE is an RFIE

It's saying I didn't submit sufficient evidence, and that I've submitted secondary evidence and/or a birth affidavit as proof of my birth record.

The copy of my birth certificate I sent in a certified copy of an entry, which came from the general register office (logo in bottom right corner). It has my parents full names on it, my date and place of birth, signature of registrar etc.

When I go to the website they reference to check what birth certificate I should submit it says this:

And that is what I submitted in the first place...

So what exactly do they want me to submit? I'm confused.
First time I've seen the acronym RFIE - but I figured out what you meant.

It was my practice to submit a cover letter which would briefly summarize the RFE.

I would then cite and quote the provision in the legal immigration regulations about use of the Foreign Affairs Manual. I would then cite and quote the applicable FAM provision. I would then describe the attached evidence submitted and how it complied with regulatory requirements.

I found it advisable to be polite to minions of the dark forces. In other words I made the response self-contained with no need to reference the fact that I already gave you the documents, you idiot's

Good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
First time I've seen the acronym RFIE - but I figured out what you meant.

It was my practice to submit a cover letter which would briefly summarize the RFE.

I would then cite and quote the provision in the legal immigration regulations about use of the Foreign Affairs Manual. I would then cite and quote the applicable FAM provision. I would then describe the attached evidence submitted and how it complied with regulatory requirements.

I found it advisable to be polite to minions of the dark forces. In other words I made the response self-contained with no need to reference the fact that I already gave you the documents, you idiot's

Good luck.
They linked me to their state.gov page of acceptable birth certificates country by country. So I wrote a cover letter, stating I have attached front and back copy of my birth certificate, and I quoted word for word the UK section on birth, marriage and death records on the website and how my birth certificate meets that requirement and referenced their own referencing.

Mostly, the big General Register Office of England logo in the bottom right corner and both my parents names on the form gives it away that it's the copy they wanted (and had originally sent in the first instance).
Old Apr 5th 2018, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

Don't write a cover 'letter'. Write a cover sentence. They may ask you to resubmit something that you've already provided sufficiently, so explain this.

Assuming they've returned the entire package to you, include a list of all documents AND MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING!

Just FYI for you and another poster, the office was quiet because it's not the field office, it's just a location that people take your picture/fingerprints.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notaclue
Don't write a cover 'letter'. Write a cover sentence. They may ask you to resubmit something that you've already provided sufficiently, so explain this.

Assuming they've returned the entire package to you, include a list of all documents AND MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING!

Just FYI for you and another poster, the office was quiet because it's not the field office, it's just a location that people take your picture/fingerprints.
They didn't return anything to me. My package was accepted just fine, they just wanted me to send something I'd already sent in to them, that is all, which is odd.

Well, USCIS states the st louis field office is where I also had my finger prints done too, so maybe some locations are different?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:42 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maste
What's your local office? My office seemed quiet, and the guy I had do my biometrics was friendly and a nice guy.

Yeah, I'm trying to see it as a good thing as it means at least it's been looked at! Online says it's RFE, so fingers crossed it's not an RFIE as according to USCIS that resets the clock on your processing time.

My wife has signed up to informed delivery through USPS and she got an email this morning saying our letter from USCIS is coming today, so we will find out in due course what the RFE is!

Informed Delivery is great, we've used it for a while. Got something coming in the mail today from USCIS, not sure what.. Did your case tracker update to request for RFIE or did you just get the letter?

My office will be Memphis and i have biometrics this week. Hope that is your only hiccup!
Old Apr 9th 2018, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hwfd83
Informed Delivery is great, we've used it for a while. Got something coming in the mail today from USCIS, not sure what.. Did your case tracker update to request for RFIE or did you just get the letter?

My office will be Memphis and i have biometrics this week. Hope that is your only hiccup!
Yeah my case tracker updated with the request for evidence being sent.

They received my response for the request on Friday, just gotta wait for them to look at it and get my case back on track. I'll keep you updated with when/if they change it.

Let me know what your letter is from them! Hopefully it's just a courtesy letter reminding you of something you forgot but to bring it to interview instead - I've read that happens sometimes.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 5:11 pm
Long Time Lurker..

It was a courtesy letter in regards to the I693 which i did not submit. No action required and that i need to take it along to interview at that time. Had expected it, but not for a couple of months.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hwfd83
It was a courtesy letter in regards to the I693 which i did not submit. No action required and that i need to take it along to interview at that time. Had expected it, but not for a couple of months.
I thought it may be that. I expect I'll get one soon too as I didn't submit mine yet either.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

I second the suggestion for Informed Delivery from USPS. Helped with the nerves a little.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notaclue
I second the suggestion for Informed Delivery from USPS. Helped with the nerves a little.
My wife already had it set up, but I agree, definitely helps!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

So a few days after they accepted the request for evidence (they accepted another copy of my birth certificate fine) and continued to process my case, I got a courtesy letter for the medical form (to bring it to interview). Then this evening I've gotten an email stating my case is now ready to be scheduled for interview.

Now the real wait begins I guess!!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You are moving right along. Congratulations.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
You are moving right along. Congratulations.
Yeah, I'm pleased with it. The email makes it sound like I may be not be waiting too long, or I may be waiting a very long time! (if you receive this email, your case has either been scheduled for an interview, or is in line for an interview).

I guess this is the real wait now!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 1:27 pm
Long Time Lurker..

That's great news! Congratulations! Let's hope it get's scheduled fast for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.