London K-1 visa :D

Old Jan 27th 2003, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

kitty-uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London K-1 visa :D

Oh what a day !!! am so tired..

The day started for us at 3 :25, so glad now I chickened out of driving up my self.

I did get lost inbetween the coach station, and the bus station but found the Doctors.
We got there at 7:45 only one other woman with her 2 children were waiting, by 8 am it was up to 4 of us. 1 couple, 2 k-1 and 1 1-30

We handed over our forms into the pink slip. I was also given a New Vaccine Requirement as of to day

the only new one it seems to me is the Vaircella is now needed for all ages, but please double check that.
I was first for the blood, xray doctor, my arm is now throbbing from the blood taken, now turning all nice colours.

I did lose 1 child of mine, not going to tell you how long it took for me to notice...
She was standing open mouthed in the loo !!! has never known that child to be speachless ...

Embassy

We by passed the waiting to go in, again we was the first of the 4. The room was packed with people already by the time we got there at 9 :30.
We striped off as it was so hot in there, handed in all the needed paper work and told to take a seat. Will they ever get a coffee machine in there ?

At 10 :30 we were called up by a very nice young man, who siad to my daughter " hey your cute" which added to the heat in the room
I was only asked, how we met, what did Kurt think of Wales, he spent the rest of the interview talking to the girls about where they are going to live.
It might have been a blessing that he had spent some time there and knows the place well, now know where to buy the best icecream,the best music shop.
That was our interview........ told to go to the pizza hut for eat all you can for £5:49 each, and come back at 12:30 for our visas.

Stuffed our faces well and headed back to the embassy, it was still very hot in there but we were called up as soon as my butt hit the chair.

The nice young man asked the girls how many plates did they eat,
then handed back our passports with visa.
The last thing he said to the girls was " don't lose your accents they are so cute"

We got lost getting back to the station,but lucky enough to catch a coach as it was getting ready to leave.

I feel very lucky as our interview was very easy going, unlike some of them to day, more than 1 got a blue slip and told to come back other day.

Am now off to bed kit
Old Jan 27th 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London K-1 visa :D

Is it really that simple !!!

Well for the first time I can actually be the first to say, WELL DONE AND A GENUINE CONGRATULATIONS, so pleased it went well and now its all finished (well for now anyway, until the next lot of forms )

Good luck and much happiness to you and the kids.

Rob
Old Jan 27th 2003, 6:20 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kit,

Well done!! Congratulations!!

Best wishes,

Debbie
Old Jan 27th 2003, 6:39 pm
ScarlettHill

Congratulations!!!!

Wahaaaay - another one gets through - wheeeeeeeeee!!!!

I love visa success tories

Regard
-=-
Scarlett

Old Jan 27th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations.....
well im choosing the driving, its probably going to take about 5 hours or so, you mentioned the varicella, it isnt available in the UK or so my gp told me.
you never mentioned how much pizza you ate...lol
i will let you know what happenns wednesday, sometime on thursday, but i will probably be one of those blue form brigade, but im expecting it so it isnt really going to be a shock

thanks for the write up
and goodluck

dee
Old Jan 27th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Kitty, you even sound tired in your post! Good luck for the future

Andy & Julie
Old Jan 27th 2003, 8:45 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay, Kit!!!!
Knew you'd do it!!!! Woo hoo!!!
Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 27th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hey Kit Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS... I'm so pleased for you...
I'm also glad its thats simple...Still dosn't stop the worry though..LOL.

Sal
Old Jan 27th 2003, 10:56 pm
Elizabeth Murphy

Yay!!!!!
elizabeth

Old Jan 28th 2003, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hey Kit,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! and best wishes...see, it wasn't that bad Well, you can say that now that you've gone through it.

WELCOME TO THE US

Kat
Old Jan 28th 2003, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

kitty-uk is an unknown quantity at this point

mrsstrickland

The doctor didn't have the varicella vaccine, but will be getting some.

I only had one plate full, the girls had 3 each, are you sure you want to drive ? the other woman with the 2 children had a 4 hour drive, and paid £18 just for parking for 4 hours.

Why do you think your get a blue slip ? Will be waiting to hear how your day went.
All the best for Wed kit
Old Jan 28th 2003, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Houston success stories

It seems the interview process for those going to houston is really a breeze. food for thot for those still waiting out there. my was even easier than kitty-uk's own.

I am off to houston on feb 11
Old Jan 28th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh! Well done you :-) Congratulations, Kitty.

Peace,

D.
Old Jan 28th 2003, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kitty-uk
mrsstrickland

The doctor didn't have the varicella vaccine, but will be getting some.

I only had one plate full, the girls had 3 each, are you sure you want to drive ? the other woman with the 2 children had a 4 hour drive, and paid £18 just for parking for 4 hours.

Why do you think your get a blue slip ? Will be waiting to hear how your day went.
All the best for Wed kit

Well I hope they don't get it until after i've been for my medical

Rob