Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vancouver K-1 Visa Approved

Vancouver K-1 Visa Approved

Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:20 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vancouver K-1 Visa Approved

Hey all, well some here will remember me & will remember that my fiances interview for his K-1 was scheduled for Dec. 4th of last year. Well something happened that I really dont wanna talk about that prevented us from going to it so we had to reschedule for the 22nd of this month.

I left on Sat. the 18th for Winnipeg. Got to the bus depot at Grand Forks ND & for awhile didnt think I would even be allowed to get on the bus to try to enter Canada. Apparently they have been having some real problems & have gotten really strict who they allow to enter. Got to the border & went in & talked to a lady, she asked why I was entering Canada & told her the situation. At one time I didnt think she was gonna let me in either but she did & gave me a temp visa so I have to be outta Canada by the 27th. She didnt ask for a passport just for 2 forms of ID. So finally after over a year I got to see my sweetie. Spent the night in Winnipeg & next morning got on a bus to head to Vancouver. What a bus rid it was, spending over 30 some hours just to get to Vancouver. I have been thru over 50 cities & towns thru 4 provinces & it has been quite an experience. Vancouver is a nice city from what I was able to see.

Anyway onto the interview. Peter had his medical same day & that went fine so got done around 9am & had free time. Was gonna explore more of the city but it was raining so just went back to the hotel & relaxed some. Got to the place for the interview & was there waiting with another couple doing the K-1 & an elderly couple doing something with a K-3 I believe. We sat & waited for a bit & it seem forever. Was just on pins & needles. The elderly couple was first & had alot of things messed up with there case so that took awhile. Finally they was done & Peter was next. He got called up & I figured I would just wait, was so nervous didnt wanna move. LOL Gave them the documents they asked for & went to pay for the visa. Got called back up & did the swearing in & finally the time came for him to get interviewed. Everything was going great till the officer interviewing him came to the affidavit of support. This has been bothering me for months cause I dont have very much income right now so my mother is the co-sponsor. He was questioning Peter about the low incomes & had to call to check the poverty guidelines. We was borderline but he was still iffy about it. Peter had a letter stating employment for him when he is in the states but it wasnt typed up right so he questioned that too. Was asked how we met, what his plans were for when he got to the states regarding work. Peter assured him that he would have this job waiting for him. The officer told him that this was a minor thing & he wouldnt hold Peter back from getting his visa. I was sitting there the whole time listening to this & am thinking oh no this cannot happen, he cannot be denied. Thank god the officer was so nice to give us a chance. We didnt get outta the building till after 4 I believe cause the elderly couple took up alot of time.

So now I can finally bring my honey back home where he belongs!!!! WOOOOOOO

Right now I have a layover in Calgary so thought I would go on the net & let people know what has been going on with me. I have to say the parts of Canada I have seen are just awsome. Specially the Calgary/Banff area. I love the Canadian Rockies & cant wait to get back here to visit more & take a ton of pics. LOL

I wanna thank this BB, you people here have been so great & helpful to so many people including myself. I dont know what I would have done if I hadnt found this great BB.

To Rete, I owe you a huge thank you. For helping me with a few things & reassuring me things will be ok.

To my buddy Don, sorry I havent kept in touch but I have went thru alot the past few months & pretty much been in hiding. Will get a email off to you soon.

BTW my fiance only had a local polic certificate cause his RCMP didnt do what he needed & Vancouver accepted it. So to anyone who has this kind of police certificate you will be fine, just make sure the paper includeds a search of Canada nationwide.

I can finally breath now & am so glad this is all over with.

Talk to you all when I get home.

Sent K-1 petition May 19th 2002
Petition approved September 27th 2002
Visa granted at Vancouver January 22nd 2003 :-D
Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Peachie Keen ;-))) Peachster that is great news. And no thanks are necessary. If you need me, just holler.

Rete
Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:39 pm
Petey's Playmate

Awwww

Oh I will be in contact with you again I am sure on this AOS stuff. LOL
Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:35 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

That's wonderful Peachster!!!! My fiance will be going through Vancouver as well soon. Many congrats!

Juliet
Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:29 pm
Nic
Forum Regular

Nic is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! The information is certainly helpful, as I'll be going Vancouver too.

Take care.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 4:01 am
Petey's Playmate

Hi all, well I got home earlier this evening Sat. night & just tired from that loooong bus ride. heh Was really great to see Canada tho but wanted to stay in Vancouver cause as we got further East it got colder. LOL

Anyway anyone going thru Vancouver, it is a breeze, as long as you have all the required stuff & as long as your affidavit of support is well over the 125% poverty level you will be fine. Like I said in my original post, we was borderline & still got the approved.

Crossing the border earlier today was a breeze too. All they asked was who I was, if I still lived at my address on the forms, asked my fiance what he would be doing once in the states & then informed us about adjusting status & where to go for EAD.

I am happy to have gone thru such a great consulate as Vancouver.

They are very friendly people.
Old Jan 28th 2003, 4:24 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OMG Peachster

I thought I was the bad luck poster child. Thank God everything worked out in the end and I'm tickled pink that Pete is finally there with you. You deserve it, GIRL!

I'm sitting here in ShangHai once again. Cant' stand being away from my lady for more than 3 ~ 4 months at a time. Still hoping that trip #4 will be for the interview in April ~ June, but who the hell knows at this point?

I have been wondering what happened to you. Last time I heard was back in Thanksgiving when I took a quick trip to Vanc, BC. I'm sure sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations but it gives me hope that DOS does issue a visa now and then.

Now....wipe that silly grin off your face and SEND ME THAT EMAIL!

PS: Sorry for the personal nature of this post, but PEACHSTER and I are long-time NSC survivors (or should I say sufferers).
Old Jan 28th 2003, 7:17 pm
Petey's Playmate

Hiya Don!

That email will be off soon.

I hope things will get speedy for you soon so you can get your sweetie back to the states with ya.