Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Wikiposts

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:24 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Also does anybody know if it is in the computer when you go through immigration in the UK if you have a visa pending? I am going over in a month and was wondering. They didn't mention anything when my fiancee was over in the states in February.
When you come to the UK and go through passport control, there will not be anything about the I-129F petition you filed as that's internal to the United States.

Should your fiancee travel to the US, then the visa application would show up. Its up to the CBP if they mention it or ask any questions on it though.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:41 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
When you come to the UK and go through passport control, there will not be anything about the I-129F petition you filed as that's internal to the United States.

Should your fiancee travel to the US, then the visa application would show up. Its up to the CBP if they mention it or ask any questions on it though.
Thanks I have alot of friends in the UK besides him as well. I always say I'm just visiting friend. Also always make sure that they stamp your passport when you get back to the US. They forgot to do tht for some reason one time last year and the next time I went to the UK the guy at passport control gave me a hard time. He insisted on seeing my ticket and asked where I just arrived from and grilled me on alot of things and said make sure it was stamped next time I go back home.
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

NOVI-797 was sent to Fiancee in America and He sent me the copy via e-mail. Can I print it out and take it with me when I have my interview or do I have to get the original one from my Fiancee?
Old May 4th 2008, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ikehasu
NOVI-797 was sent to Fiancee in America and He sent me the copy via e-mail. Can I print it out and take it with me when I have my interview or do I have to get the original one from my Fiancee?
Ikehasu, take a look at Rene's post - number 47.

I'd say get your Fiance to send it to you in the post.
Old May 4th 2008, 11:40 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone who's recently been through this process, and who remembers, post the different price brackets offered by SMS Couriers for the delivery of a passport, and what time delivery it relates to.

Thanks.
Old May 5th 2008, 5:54 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I was under the impression you were to take all originals to the interview, including the original NOA2. We took our original, plus a copy.

Rene
Now I am worried!!TI told my attorney that I have the courtesy copy I797c and sent if off to my fiancee for the interview. She said she sent me or my fiancee. the original I797B which is what we need. I thought I797B was for a work visa and not a K1. also neither my fiancee or I got anything in the mail from her and the petition was approved in March. She sid she would check her file and that was a few hours ago. I am flipping out! I she did send it we never got it and I don't know what to do!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 6:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Now I am worried!!TI told my attorney that I have the courtesy copy I797c and sent if off to my fiancee for the interview. She said she sent me or my fiancee. the original I797B which is what we need. I thought I797B was for a work visa and not a K1. also neither my fiancee or I got anything in the mail from her and the petition was approved in March. She sid she would check her file and that was a few hours ago. I am flipping out! I she did send it we never got it and I don't know what to do!!!
Don't panic. He can't bring what he doesn't have. If he just has a photocopy of the NOA2, not the original, and you can't get the original to him, don't worry about it. I highly doubt that will be something to prevent him from getting the visa. He can just honestly say the original got sent the lawyer's office, so he brought photocopy.

Rene
Old May 5th 2008, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't panic. He can't bring what he doesn't have. If he just has a photocopy of the NOA2, not the original, and you can't get the original to him, don't worry about it. I highly doubt that will be something to prevent him from getting the visa. He can just honestly say the original got sent the lawyer's office, so he brought photocopy.

Rene
I'm just worried that its not a copy of the original its a courtesy copy and it doesnt eve list the London Consulate on it. I mailed it to him Friday with a tracking number. I know that the London Consulate got copy sent to them because my notice from NVC said that they were sending it to hime. If my lawayer said she mailed the original and I don't have it is she resoonsible for paying for another copy?
Old May 5th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Just because the US Embassy in London sent Packet 3 and 4 out doesn't mean that the person turning up with the interview letter is the beneficiary of the I-129F application.

I know I was asked to show the original NOA(I-797) to the consular officer interviewing me.
Just to add to everyones confusion - i never had with me, and was never asked for, my approval notice at any point. In fact i was asked for very little indeed. I believe the only documents i handed over were the appointment letter, police report, passport, birth certificate and I-134 with supporting evidence (fiancee's pay stubs etc..) Why on earth the guy didn't want to see my binder full of photos, boarding passes and travel itineraries is beyond me

I guess it all comes down to the individual ConOff and how picky he/she is feeling on the day.
Old May 5th 2008, 7:28 am
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by lofty79
I guess it all comes down to the individual ConOff and how picky he/she is feeling on the day.
I think that's all it will come down to. They can ask to see it, and if you don't have it explain the situation to them. It's not listed as a required document, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.
Old May 5th 2008, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by lofty79
Just to add to everyones confusion - i never had with me, and was never asked for, my approval notice at any point. In fact i was asked for very little indeed. I believe the only documents i handed over were the appointment letter, police report, passport, birth certificate and I-134 with supporting evidence (fiancee's pay stubs etc..) Why on earth the guy didn't want to see my binder full of photos, boarding passes and travel itineraries is beyond me

I hope I get the same con off as you! This has been so stressfull!
Old May 5th 2008, 7:34 am

I think that's all it will come down to. They can ask to see it, and if you don't have it explain the situation to them. It's not listed as a required document, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.
Thank you again Knight! You guys have been alot more helpful than my attorney! Alot nicer as well!
Old May 5th 2008, 9:38 am

Hi everyone. I just got an email from my attorney. Her paralegal found the original in my file. It was never mailed out to me. She is overnighting it to me and then I am going to express mail it to my fiancee. Thank you for all your advice.
Old May 9th 2008, 1:29 am

Hi Everyone! My fiancee got his interview date for June 5th in London! It was about three weeks after we sent in packet 3 with his forms. So we have less than a month! The funny thing is that he sent his checklist in nearly two weeks ago and it is still sitting in the PO box in London. My attorney overnighted me the I797 NOA and I sent it Global express which then Fed Exes to Scotland but Fed Ex left it without a signature which is really annoying! They also delivred it a day later than promised so I rang up and I am getting my money back since they made a mistake. So now we have everything together. I actually fly to Scotland on June 2nd and rrive on the 3rd so I will be going to London with him. Our engagement party is in Scotland on the 7th of June! I know I can't go to the interview with him but at least we have one!
Old May 9th 2008, 6:16 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Cool! My engagement party was in Kirkcaldy.

Where's the party? Can I come? My interview is on the 27th of May, so i'll be able to tell you both all about it. Till I get ridiculously drunk and start stripping of course.

So i'll see you there??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.