Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You don't need to contact anyone. The ConOff will automatically extend it when you go for your interview in London. However, if you wish, you can prepare a letter of request for extension to hand over at the interview, if needed. I prepared such a letter, just in case, but it wasn't asked for at the interview.

If it is getting close to the time the NOA2 will expire and you don't have your interview scheduled yet, you can send an email to London just stating that you have not abandoned your case, and you are waiting for notification of interview.

Rene
I guess I send my fiancee to the interview with a copy of the 797c? It mentions that should keep the oiginal for my records. I will be visiting him in Scotland in the beginning of June and have no idea whether or not he will have had his interview by then. Dates seem to vary. You guys have been a tremendous help! Thank you
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I guess I send my fiancee to the interview with a copy of the 797c? It mentions that should keep the oiginal for my records. I will be visiting him in Scotland in the beginning of June and have no idea whether or not he will have had his interview by then. Dates seem to vary. You guys have been a tremendous help! Thank you
I was under the impression you were to take all originals to the interview, including the original NOA2. We took our original, plus a copy.

Rene
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression you were to take all originals to the interview, including the original NOA2. We took our original, plus a copy.

Rene
I was told that we don't even need to take it because we wouldn't have been sent the packets rom London if it wasn't already approved. I never got a receipt notice. They just sent it to my attorney.
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:29 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that we don't even need to take it because we wouldn't have been sent the packets rom London if it wasn't already approved. I never got a receipt notice. They just sent it to my attorney.
Just because the US Embassy in London sent Packet 3 and 4 out doesn't mean that the person turning up with the interview letter is the beneficiary of the I-129F application.

I know I was asked to show the original NOA(I-797) to the consular officer interviewing me.

Last edited by Knight; May 3rd 2008 at 4:32 pm.
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Knight
Just because the US Embassy in London sent Packet 3 and 4 out doesn't mean that the person turning up with the interview letter is the beneficiary of the I-129F application.

I know I was asked to show the original NOA(I-797) to the consular officer interviewing me.
Wouldn't they kmow by his name and passport?
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:52 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Two people can have the same name, a passport can be forged, and none of the forms in the I-129F petition ask for a passport information.

I'm not 100% sure why they ask for it. It's not listed as a required document for the K1 interview. I am just saying I was asked for it, and I think I'd rather have it with me and not be asked for it than not have it and be asked.
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's up to you what to take to the interview. As I recall, the interview letter Sadegh received said to bring ALL original immigration documents to the interview, so we did. They might not ask to see it (they didn't in our case), but just in case they do ask to see it, better to have it than not!

Rene
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:57 pm

Two people can have the same name, a passport can be forged, and none of the forms in the I-129F petition ask for a passport information.

I'm not 100% sure why they ask for it. It's not listed as a required document for the K1 interview. I am just saying I was asked for it, and I think I'd rather have it with me and not be asked for it than not have it and be asked.
Thanks I was sent a copy of the 797C from USCIS and my attorney has the original and it mentions that on the Form. She was also sent the receipt notice and she faxed me a copy. When I called up USCIS to aks why I didn't get a copy they had told me that the attorney gets the original and would not send another and to get a copy from my attorney. I just mailed the forms to my iancee registered mail. I cannot wait for all this to be over!
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point

What is NOA1-797??
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ikehasu
What is NOA1-797??

Correct me if I'm wrong:

NOA I-797 is the complete and correct term for the Notice Of Action.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:39 pm
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by ikehasu
What is NOA1-797??
If you click the link that says NOA(I-797) you'll be able to read the article and find out
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:22 pm

If you click the link that says NOA(I-797) you'll be able to read the article and find out
What if the embssy in Londodn wants to keep the 797 approval notice? Its another $340 to get a copy and wouldn't I need it formy AOS?
Old May 4th 2008, 12:23 am

What if the embssy in Londodn wants to keep the 797 approval notice? Its another $340 to get a copy and wouldn't I need it formy AOS?
When you go to the interview, bring the original and one photocopy of it with you. If the embassy wants to keep it, they will keep the photocopy. They will give you back the original because yes, you might need it later.

Rene
Old May 4th 2008, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by gstring
Correct me if I'm wrong:

NOA I-797 is the complete and correct term for the Notice Of Action.
That's correct. NOA1 is the receipt notice, NOA2 is the approval notice.

Rene
Old May 4th 2008, 1:04 am

When you go to the interview, bring the original and one photocopy of it with you. If the embassy wants to keep it, they will keep the photocopy. They will give you back the original because yes, you might need it later.

Rene
They sent me a courtesy copy and it mentions that my attorney has the original but I guess because it is an official copy and not a photocopy it should be ok. It will be my fiancee that goes to the interview not me. The embassy in London does not allow anyone else at the interview. I have mailed him everything except the kitchen sink! We also put together a very nice photo album. Also does anybody know if it is in the computer when you go through immigration in the UK if you have a visa pending? I am going over in a month and was wondering. They didn't mention anything when my fiancee was over in the states in February.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.