To Leslie66

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

GOZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Leslie66

How are things moving along? Any new news? How long did it take for MSC to send the paperwork to NVC? And how long before NVC sends items to Consulate? Has the consulate contacted your husband yet?
I am just curios, now that I am a few steps behind you. So, if you can advise me, I would really appreciate it.

Smiles and lots of happiness
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:49 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Leslie66

Originally posted by GOZO
How are things moving along? Any new news? How long did it take for MSC to send the paperwork to NVC? And how long before NVC sends items to Consulate? Has the consulate contacted your husband yet?
I am just curios, now that I am a few steps behind you. So, if you can advise me, I would really appreciate it.

Yey I heard of your approval and already congratulated you, sorry to butt in but I am just so happy you finally got your approval, I am sure the sweet Leslie can be very helpful
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gozo!!

Wow! You made me feel famous. LOL

It took less than 2 weeks total from the approval (NOA-2) until the NVC forwarded it on. I was really pleased and surpised at how fast that part blew by. I did confirm with the girl at the NVC that they MAILED it. (I've heard of some sort of electronic thing with other consulates is why I asked.) But, not Casablanca, it went snail-mail. Based on my own first hand experience, the mail takes two-three weeks minimum from Texas to Marakesh. So, I would imagine that my file is just now arriving there. (It left the NVC on 10/15). I spoke with my husband last night and he has received nothing yet. But hopefully soon.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day.
Leslie

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 3:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I second that congratulations. I forgot to ask you GOZO ........ what consulate are you dealing with??

Leslie

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Yey I heard of your approval and already congratulated you, sorry to butt in but I am just so happy you finally got your approval, I am sure the sweet Leslie can be very helpful
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Vacouver (canadian) cousulate.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you guys. You guys have shown such great support. Thanks again and again and again.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:24 pm
WTF?

That's great. You should have smooth sailing from here on. I've never heard anything bad about the Vancouver consulate. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Casablanca.

Leslie

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:28 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
That's great. You should have smooth sailing from here on. I've never heard anything bad about the Vancouver consulate. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Casablanca.

Leslie
What have you heard about Casa Leslie??
I am hoping thet move their butt quick enough for you guys or else!!!lol.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:33 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

My husband went through Vancouver for his fiance visa in March, they're friendly and very professional.

Juliet
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:34 pm
WTF?

Hi Hyper!

Some people have had little problems but there are a few that went through hell. There are not very many petitions that go through there, but almost every single one of them gets some kind of delay.

On petitioner had to wait forever for an interview date (months and months). Somebody just got denied and they are making her have a co-sponsor even though she's above the poverty level this year (she wasn't last year). Another one had a real jerk interview her husband and made them go back and get a bunch more proof.

The worse problem for me will be if they give him an interview date for a long time off.

Leslie

What have you heard about Casa Leslie??
I am hoping thet move their butt quick enough for you guys or else!!!lol.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:28 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Lelsie,

Yikes! I hope you won't have to go through anything like that. There can be horror stories from any number of consulates/embassies... if you encounter any problems you can cross that bridge when you get there. Don't worry too much, I bet things will turn out fine for you two

Juliet
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:31 pm

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Hyper!

Some people have had little problems but there are a few that went through hell. There are not very many petitions that go through there, but almost every single one of them gets some kind of delay.

On petitioner had to wait forever for an interview date (months and months). Somebody just got denied and they are making her have a co-sponsor even though she's above the poverty level this year (she wasn't last year). Another one had a real jerk interview her husband and made them go back and get a bunch more proof.

The worse problem for me will be if they give him an interview date for a long time off.

Leslie
Ouch!, But hey Leslie!! I am hoping that nothing of the cited above will happen to you guys, I will be praying for you.
Ps: If they jerk you around.. be sure to let me know.. I am not that far from Casa.. I can kick their butts lol
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:36 pm
WTF?

Thanks Juliet!!

I'm really keeping a positive attitude about it. Kristine (saidsgirl) got through Casablanca with relative ease (poor thing after having to fight her way out of the TSC she deserved a break.) For some strange reason I actually don't think I'll have any trouble. I've felt that way from the moment we decided to get married. There will be setbacks I'm sure, but so far I've been so blessed.

Leslie

Originally posted by jcapulet
Lelsie,

Yikes! I hope you won't have to go through anything like that. There can be horror stories from any number of consulates/embassies... if you encounter any problems you can cross that bridge when you get there. Don't worry too much, I bet things will turn out fine for you two

Juliet

Last edited by Leslie; Nov 3rd 2003 at 5:42 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:39 pm
WTF?

I know!!! You're just across the pond. You can at least throw rocks at them, cause you're just stones throw away. I'm laughing thinking of Hyper throwing rocks at the Casa consulate.

Ouch!, But hey Leslie!! I am hoping that nothing of the cited above will happen to you guys, I will be praying for you.
Ps: If they jerk you around.. be sure to let me know.. I am not that far from Casa.. I can kick their butts lol